cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product registration problems

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I get the following error in my application log when trying to install a package I created with the isrepackager.

Product: MP2 -- Error 1406.Could not write value VersionMajor to key UNKNOWN\Products\BAB5F10DF33C99C44A3BF2A00841EBF1\InstallProperties. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

There are several more messages in the application log after this one. There are actually two of these followed by two other error messages. I turned on msi logging and get an error in the log file.

Action 16:02:08: RegisterProduct. Registering product
Error 1406.Could not write value VersionMajor to key UNKNOWN\Products\BAB5F10DF33C99C44A3BF2A00841EBF1\InstallProperties. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Action ended 16:02:11: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

I have recreated this package several times now with the same result each time. I don't know where it is comming up with this registry key. How do I find out so I can fix it. If I install this software manually it works fine. For some reason the isrepackager isn't getting it.
(2) Replies
Scott,

Make sure that there are not any characters other then numbers specified for you Product Version under the General Information section. For example, 1.00.Beta
may cause this issue to occur but 1.00.0000 would be fine.

Regards,
Adam
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
That fixed it. Thanks for the help.