cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't install to "MyPath"

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am trying to create a transform for an application (NAVCE) to install to a directory of my choice. No matter what I do, it always installs to the default directory. My directory is outside of the ProgramFiles dir.
(2) Replies
Did you create a response transform or a blank transform?

Is the default destination path the only thing you have changed?

If not, are you seeing any of those other changes?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I did create a response transform and changed only the installation path.

Quick divergence - the application is Symantec Nortan Antivirus Corporate Edition client.

Back to what I did. Once the wizard was complete, I went to the validation object to verify that the original .msi was OK. The validation gave me 1 error and 7 warnings. The error was ICE03 Invalid format string. The warnings were errors ICE46 (3), ICE66 (2), and ICE86 (2). I have used Tuner 1.0 in the past so I didn't think anything of these errors.

Next I checked the installation path. Previously this is where I would change the path. It was still showing the INSTALLDIR variable with the default location. I would have thought that the wizard would have changed this. It didn't, so I did. The new location is C:\OSTools\NAV.

I then ran the post validation and received the same errors/warnings. Lastly I built the package using the setup options with the /q for a quiet installation.

The package did install without showing any dialog boxes so something worked. I also tried a command line installation calling the .mst directly.

Help.... 😞