cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Registering dlls

I have a dll that is installed as part of the repackaged msi that I am creating. It is installed but is not registered. I looked at the file in the Components view and then went to the COM Registration under Advanced Settings, there is an entery th...

Conflict Checker performance question

I am trying to submit a formal proposal to my management for a license of InstallShield. In order to make a valid estimate, we want to include the requirements involved when using the Conflict Checker, and possibly any upcoming requirements from vers...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

That ol' Adobe thing again....

Are they doing this on purpose.???I have tried repacking the wonderful Adobe Reader 5.1 on my system. It runs repackager okay, copies all the files okay, but when the legacy conversion runs, it just freezes (well doesn't go any further although respo...

Default Shortcut not available in Developer

I've monitored an installation using Repackager. I've then modified it in IS Developer adding files, shortcuts, registries entries, etc...When I install the application, it creates the default shortcuts that are created when the application is instal...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding an Internet link

Has anyone managed to add an Internet shortcut to a msi file?Clearly, I'm repackaging a program that has a part of it on a web site and I want to had a link on the desktop to this site.

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

interactive installation

I want to ad a rule in a .mst which asks me for insert a value that will be put in a registrykey...That value is something that depends where the program will be installed, example an IP adres...Thanks,Bandit

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 97

Hi EveryoneI've been trying for the past week to create a .msi of a total installation of MS Office 97.Unfortunately I keep running into the same problem:When the package is installed, everything works ok, but when i afterwards create a new user and ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing a file and its path during uninstall

I am using a custom action to call an executible and place a file in my installation directory. On uninstall, this custom action is not run (by design).As it is now, the file is left with the installdir after uninstall. i.e."C:\Program Files\Compan...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid DefaultDir string;

This is for SAP 6.2C2. When I attempt to install the package I receive an "Internal Error 2714. TEXT_P~1|TEXT/PLAIN".I get these when I validate my package:ICE03 Error Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): IMAGE_BM...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI Edits Need some clarification

Where do i make the edits for "additional servers" This is a field that i can find in TUNER but if I am to make a "template" i need to know where this field is in the MSI package itself. Maybe I have been to general in my quesitons. I have about 20 s...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos