cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Help Please Creating MSI's

I'm new to this so if this is a stupid question then sorry.When I use repackager to snapshot an application, I then convert the INC file to an MSI... when I then launch the MSI, 7 times out of10, The front screen of the MSI installer comes up with ga...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Association Query URGENT please!

Hya, I am new to this so forgive me in advance for asking such a basic simple question.I have created an MSI package of Visio Viewer using AdminStudio 3.5 Repackager. However, when I install the software, it opens the .vsd and .vdx files in Internet...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how can I rename a folder via InstallScript?

hallo,I want to rename a menu folder under Programs Menu afterinstalling shortcuts without deleting the installed shortcuts,and creating a new folder. I only want to rename this folder,but I find no file and folder function in InstallScript.Perhaps s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

shortcut menu items

I have repacked on XP (fatal mistake you say, i know..) anyhoo about half way through the second snapshot XP went fubar and started recreating all its icons on the start menu??? Now in my product i have a load of menu icons i dont want. I have delete...

problem with SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER

I work with AdminStudio 3.0 and want to give a MenuFolder in ProgramsMenu dynamically the display name using the system variable SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER (SHELL_~1|SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER is then the display name)but this donĀ“t work, somewhere I read that thi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action...

I am trying to create a custom action that uninstall's Adobe Acrobat 5.05. What should "Executable Property" be? I have the following for the command line:C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -a -m -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu"...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install does not work in Active Directory Group Policies

I have repackaged an install as an MSI and it will work if I install it manually. But when I put the install into the group policy it errors out, here is the message:Product: -- Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 RT32...

Removing conditions?

I created a package, and then set an install condition of language to 1033..problem is..i have english oses in germany and for some reason (ihave all regional to english) it still says it is not an english system?? the package works fine on a vmware...

dissapearing lines in ini files and things

just a quicky though if i have an ini file for a program that i repackage with commented out lines [using ;] then these lines are missing from the ini file following the repack. is there a way to stop this?In a (i think) related question. Sometimes w...

ODBC problem

I'm using Admstudio 3.5. I have a clean pc to do my capture. I am using snapshot to capture the changes. Once the application is installed I look at the odbc configuration in control panel/administrative tools, and verify the odbc setup. The appli...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos