cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uhm er repacked a repacked app?

I have a dumb question. I repackaged a lotus notes addon, but found a problem in it. the MSI install was heavily customised (over an hours work on the repackage machine alone) so i thought i would install it from the msi and then just make the last change. Excellent idea thought I. ( I am now playing around with a patch for it instead)

I can repackage it and run the legacy conversion, but when i then try and open the ism in developer it says my packet has an unsupported language? I have only and english AdminStudio, english app, english OS etc. there is nothing else involved?? what gives? I have attatched the actual message..and ism
(9) Replies
Prostetnic,

Thank you for your question. This appears to be a known issue, the suggested workaround is to launch the AdminStudio wrapper program, and to start Developer from there, then go into Legacy Conversion. This apparently loads the correct language support.

Hope this helps. BTW, there's never any dumb questions, only the occasional dumb answer (of which I hope this answer is not )
I have the same message again. but different circumstance. I have repackaged an app on NT4 (because that is the os it is for 🙂 ) When i then run the conversion wizard and subsequently the developer i get the same message, even through the wrapper. If i run a VMWare NT4 with admin studio and run it all through there, no problems. Why can't i use the XP admin studio to compile an nt4 repackage?
As I understand you ran the conversion wizard and subsequently the developer. You should launch the Developer first to load the language support in the default template and then subsequently run Legacy Conversion Wizard.
no, sorry was my explaining 😞 i opened the wrapper program, started developer, then opened conversion wizard leaving developer open. is that right? sorry i was kind of thrown by not understanding "wrapper program" but i think it is the home thing.

However it has since dawned on me. the nt4 machine is german. the xp machine is english. will start again tomorrow and not mix the language.
I actually does not matter where you launch Developer from. You can launch from wrapper or from Start Menu -> PROGRAMS -> InstallShield -> AdminStudio Tools -> Developer.

Also since your machine is German NT4, and if you do not have German language pack for Developer follow this steps. You do not need do this if you have German language pack for Developer installed.
(I presume the legacy application you are repackaging is English)

1 Once the repackage is done. Open the .inc file in the notepad.
2 Look for OSInfo line
OSInfo('Windows 2000','5.0.2195 ','?','?').
3 Replace this with following line
OSInfo('Windows 2000','5.0.2195 ','1033','1033'). The 4th and 5th parameter are the Local Id's for your machine and language. They need to be replaced with locale id's for English.
thanks again. work perfectly.
ok, where do i get and how much are the language modules? i think i have convinced my boss to buy the german stuff, but he wants a price and all before committting. is there a direct link?
Prostetnic:

Check out http://shop.installshield.com//pricelist/default.asp for our latest price lists.