cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Transformer

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have made a transformer to Borlang Delphi 6, and what I want is to run this in unattended mode, without the user to see the dialog boxes.
It's a response transformer, witch include answer to all dialog boxes under the installation. Including the license to the product.

When I run this msiexec command:
msiexec /i "Borland Delpfi 6.msi" TRANSFORM=Delphi6.mst
The installation starts, but when the license dialog box appear the license is not there. I have tried several other msiexec command (with /qn and other parameter).

There is a Setup.exe and a setup.ini file in my project, and when I run Setup.exe the license appear in the license dialog box.
But I can't figure out how to run this in silent/unattended mode.
I have tried to run setup with a lot of different parameters, but it doesn't behave like I want.

The setup.ini looks like this:

Info]
Name=INTL
Version=1.00.000
DiskSpace=8000 ;DiskSpace requirement in KB

[Startup]
CmdLine= TRANSFORMS="Delphi6.mst"
SuppressWrongOS=Y
ScriptDriven=0
ScriptVer=1.0.0.1
MsiVersion=2.0.2600.0
EnableLangDlg=N
DoMaintenance=Y
SuppressReboot=Y
Product=Borland Delphi 6
PackageName=Borland Delphi 6.msi

Do anybody know how I can solve this problem.

Wenche
(3) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Some more info:

I have made another package with .MST that works.
What I did was:
Made a .MST file, made a new .MSI file that contains both the old .MSI file and the .MST file. Now I run "msiexec/i product.msi/q"

This work like I want, but when I try the same ting with Borland Delphi 6, I get the message that the "serial number is invalid".
Running the "msiexec" without /q, starts the installation, but all the dialog boxes appear (also the serial number appear in that dialog box).

Regards,
Wenche
Hello Wenche,

Try passing the serial number at the command-line. For example,

msiexec /i product.msi /q SERIALNUMBER=12345

It appears that the setup needs a serial number in order to continue. Since the dialog that normally asks for the serial number is not being displayed, the setup is not receiving a serial number.

Regards,
Adam
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Did you solve your problem?
How did you automate Delphi 6?: