cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

problem with SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER

I work with AdminStudio 3.0 and want to give a MenuFolder in ProgramsMenu dynamically the display name using the system variable SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER (SHELL_~1|SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER is then the display name)but this don´t work, somewhere I read that thi...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action...

I am trying to create a custom action that uninstall's Adobe Acrobat 5.05. What should "Executable Property" be? I have the following for the command line:C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -a -m -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu"...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install does not work in Active Directory Group Policies

I have repackaged an install as an MSI and it will work if I install it manually. But when I put the install into the group policy it errors out, here is the message:Product: -- Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 RT32...

Removing conditions?

I created a package, and then set an install condition of language to 1033..problem is..i have english oses in germany and for some reason (ihave all regional to english) it still says it is not an english system?? the package works fine on a vmware...

dissapearing lines in ini files and things

just a quicky though if i have an ini file for a program that i repackage with commented out lines [using ;] then these lines are missing from the ini file following the repack. is there a way to stop this?In a (i think) related question. Sometimes w...

ODBC problem

I'm using Admstudio 3.5. I have a clean pc to do my capture. I am using snapshot to capture the changes. Once the application is installed I look at the odbc configuration in control panel/administrative tools, and verify the odbc setup. The appli...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registering dlls

I have a dll that is installed as part of the repackaged msi that I am creating. It is installed but is not registered. I looked at the file in the Components view and then went to the COM Registration under Advanced Settings, there is an entery th...

Conflict Checker performance question

I am trying to submit a formal proposal to my management for a license of InstallShield. In order to make a valid estimate, we want to include the requirements involved when using the Conflict Checker, and possibly any upcoming requirements from vers...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

That ol' Adobe thing again....

Are they doing this on purpose.???I have tried repacking the wonderful Adobe Reader 5.1 on my system. It runs repackager okay, copies all the files okay, but when the legacy conversion runs, it just freezes (well doesn't go any further although respo...

Default Shortcut not available in Developer

I've monitored an installation using Repackager. I've then modified it in IS Developer adding files, shortcuts, registries entries, etc...When I install the application, it creates the default shortcuts that are created when the application is instal...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos