cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

InstallShield Repackager Language Problem

When I use the repackager the msi file created doesn't have any language setup. When I try and run the ism file it says that I don't have any invalid active language. Editing the msi directly shows that the language is set to 0. How can I resolve thi...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Universal Transform Template

I have extensive edits to make to each transform but they are all identical. I need to create ONE transform to apply universal settings to EVERY msi I create. However how do I get around the GUID problem or is it possible. I have extensive edits to...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Short Filename Error 1325

I have a situation which seems to affect users that have their usernames longer than 8.3 characters.When the user tries to start an app that needs the msiexec program it errors with "error 1325.2002TestUser is not a valid short file name"The user nam...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit "Collect Product Information" field

Hi Peeps!!I am new to ISS ADMIN STUDIO 3.5 and I am having a couple of tasks laid on me by "the man" and I need help from you guru types I need to know how to replace the "default" info included by the Repackager in the following fields.PRODUCT URLSU...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with installing Developer 8 over AdminStudio

When you install Developer 8 with AdminStudio it prompts to remove the previous version, which works fine. However when I go into Developer 8, I still have the Developer 7 interface in the left hand pane. It seems to be due to the way that Developer ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

-1527: No files are included in the project.

Using DEMO version of Admin Studio Pro.Created Legacy install with "Installation Monitoring"Did so on my clean machine, with drives mapped back to my development PC. Shares on dev machine are full rights.Completed the repackaging process, then go to ...

Reinstalling Application for new users

My application keeps trying to reinstall for every new user that logs onto the workstation. Is there a property that tells the MSI database to only install once per machine. I thought it would be the All_Users property, but I have this set to a val...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

msi properties and AD GPO deployment

Hello guys/girls. I have a question. We have a few Msi's that when deployed via GPO do not require to run the mini setup when run for the first time, other msi's have to go through the mini setup first and only then the applications open. Is it an op...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict with previous version of Windows Installer

My company just purchased AdminStudio 3.5. We are using Active Directory to deploy our software. The problem I have found is that all of our users have Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2. And if I create an .msi package, it will not install on the ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress "application in use" message

I've built an installation to use just a basic UI (just want a progress bar). It's built just the way I want it except for one User prompt that I can't figure out how to get rid of.During the install I get a Window that states that there are other ap...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos