cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackaging SQL Personal 2000 using AS3.5

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am repackaging SQL Personal 2000 for inclusion into an installation with an application that relies on a particular configuration. For now, it's safe to assume that SQL is not already present on the system. I am hoping that someone here has already gone through this and can provide some tips.

I looked at the SQL CD and it doesn't appear that any of the .msi files are appropriate to modify for this purpose.

My next try was the AdminStudio Repackager with Installation Monitoring, but when I run the Legacy Setup Conversion to turn this into an IS project, I get a number of warnings like:

*** Warning: Undefined typelib '{00000200-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}': no component exists for file '%CommonFilesFolder%\System\ADO\msado20.tlb'. This may result in ICE33 warnings.

There are similar warnings about "Undefined CLSID" and "Undefined ProgID". (I can post the entire log if it helps, but I don't want to clutter things up unnecessarily.) They all appear to be related to database support, so I guess it's because they are taken care of in IS merge modules, but then why the warnings?

The end result is that the conversion has build errors. If I try to build the release anyway, it also gives me warnings about missing files, the installation that results doesn't install cleanly, and SQL doesn't run.

My next step is to try the OS Snapshot method, but before I do so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any ideas for me. These forums seem filled with helpful people (blatant suck up!) so my hopes are high that a solution is close at hand.

Thanks for any input.

Greg Schmidt
gregs@trawna.com
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have now tried it with the snapshot method as well, and get a different set of errors and warnings, with the same ultimate result. Is there something fundamentally "unrepackageable" about SQL?

Greg Schmidt
gregs@trawna.com