cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1628 : Failed to complete installation

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I know that many people are getting this error. I'm getting this one when I build a simple InstallScript MSI Project. The content of this project can be resumed to this :
One feature called DefaultFeature
One component called DefaultComponent
One text file
One modification to the environment variable

The log file is not very complete but here it is :
=== Verbose logging started: 2003-02-14 13:55:29 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 2.00.2600.02 Calling process: C:\PROGRA~1\FICHIE~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\8\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe ===
=== Logging started: 2003-02-14 13:55:30 ===
1: 8.00.122.0
1: InstallShield Install driver started, version:8.00.122.0
1: Package Path: C:\Temp\_is5F\CHUM-Paie.msi
1: Command Line: /verbose"c:\temp.log" /v /v"SETUPEXEDIR=\"C:\Documents and Settings\lapd-st\Bureau\""
1: Extract supporting files
=== Verbose logging stopped: 2003-02-14 13:55:30 ===

This works on clean computers, but if I try to run it on a computer with other software installed like Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Winzip and some other common software, I get the error 1628 as soon as I run the install program.

I've installed the latest MSI update manually and it won't resolve my problem.

Thanks for your help

Note : The standards packages works fine.
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I finally managed to fix my problem. I don't know if this answer could be useful to many of you, but here it is. I was using common variables in the TEMP environment variables (ex: %HOMEDIR%\Temp to point to C:\Temp on a Win2k system) and the installer wasn't able to find the real path to the Temporary folder. I replaced it with C:\Temp and it works fine now.