cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Legacy Setup Conversion failed please help

Starting conversionCreating project fileReading repackager output fileLoading registry entriesCreating components for the files captured *** Error: COM Error #0x800403edis the error message i gethave searched the knowlege basetried Q105853 no joywha...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beginner Question - Custom Actions

First off, I'm just a technician not a developer and I'm still learning about msi. So sorry if this is a silly question. I'm trying to debug an msi installation that we purchased from a company that purchased it from another company that no longer ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging Norton Antivirus 8.0

Hello guys/girls. Norton Antivirus 8.0 comes with a tool called repackager that should help you create an msi for your installs. It does create one for me, but this is a very strange kind of MSI. The Active Directory policy will not accept it as a va...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action Exit Codes

I am trying to properly terminate an MSI from installing, if a custom action I wrote in VBScript fails. However, even though I am passing back a exit code, the MSI keeps going like nothing happened.In my VBScript Custom Action I have the following h...

Mapped drives question

Hello guys. I have an application whose shortcust point to a mapped drive X:\ . At first i was getting error during install that the X drive did not exist. I went ahead and created another value in Property Table SC_PATH with value of X:\APPS , in my...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Computername?

Hi All,I'm new to installshield but not to packaging. I've taken a snapshot of a clean image, installed the packaged and captured the changes.Now after examining the irp the application I am repackaging puts an entry in the registry that is equal to ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

App installation questions

Somewhere on InstallShield website I found a white paper that was a list of questions that you would ask application support people before packaging an app for them. Now I can't find it. If someone knows where it is or what it was called, please le...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos