Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDEV : fatal error -5023: Error building table File

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
HI

I just started using AdminStuido this month so for give me I am asking a newbe question.

I have used Admin Studio 5.0 to repackage 6 softwares fine so far. But when I try it with matlab R13 I get this error.

"ISDEV : fatal error -5023: Error building table File:

I went to the fatal error look up section but that had to do with developer not admin studio. Could if have somthing to do with the fact that Matlab R13 has over 38,000 files.
(8) Replies
This is because Windows Installer supports in 32767 files in the file table. Search for the "Authoring a Large Package" in MSI help file.

Workaorund using AdminStudio:
-----------------------------------------

If you are using a standalone repackager:

1. Browse to Repackager folder.
2. Rename IsMsiPKg.itp to IsMsiPKg.bak
3. Copy IsMsiPKgLarge.itp ti IsMsiPkg.itp
4. Perform the conversion and create the MSI.
5. Copy IsMsiPKg.itp.bak to IsMsiPKg.itp thereby restoring the
old file.

If you are using the repackager in a machine where AdminStudio is fully installed:

1. Browse to \Developer\program files\InstallShield\Developer\Support\0409\

2. Repeat steps 2 - 5.

However, Note that transforms and patches cannot be created between two packages with different column types.

Hope this helps.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Will try this in the morning. Have been beating my head against the wall for two days working on this before I posted. Take 6 hours of repakager running on the module before I get the error. I will let you know what happens later. Was on the 4th attempt.

Thanks again.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Will try this in the morning. Have been beating my head against the wall for two days working on this before I posted. Take 6 hours of repakager running on the module before I get the error. I will let you know what happens later. Was on the 4th attempt.

Thanks again.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
That fixed the problem. Thanks.

Know if I can just figure out why it runs the installer for every different user that starts the software all will be well.

More reading and digging I go.
You should use the MSISPY tool that I'm attaching. This will let you why you see windows installer dialog for a new user.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
What should I be looking for. Should I use it to look at the msi?
Install the MSISPY. Then launch MSISPY. View all packages installed in your machine. Select the package that you are interested in looking for errors.

Then expand the product tree to list all the features in the LHS tree. For each feature look at the components on the RHS. Any component that has red circle with a line inside it, informs you that the component is broken for the current user.

A component is considered broken, if the key file or a regsitry key that the component is referring to is not installed for the current user.

You should be able to figure out what the problem is.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks. Figure out the problem. Fixed it with a reg patch. Can't wait till I take the AdminStudio class end of July to learn how to use this software properly.