cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Create Directory on network drive probem....

I am trying to create a user working directory on network drive during the software installation. However, MSI doesn't work at all, the repackager can't even record it down. I've tried to do a simple snap-in, just create a directory on local c:, loc...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Visual Studio .NET via GPO

A customer would like to install Visual Studio.NET via GPO; however the .msi file requires a setup.exe to launch it... Has anyone tried this / got a solution whereby I can launch the .msi directly without modifying it, or am I going to need to modify...

SophieT by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Converting 3.5 SQL Database to 5.0

Has anyone heard of an update of this situation? I know that the developers are working the issue but I haven't heard back from them. Also, have any of you had the same issue when attempting to convert the 3.5 sql database for the Conflict Manager ...

SLGizmo by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to create MSI: Error during Build

Help Please???I'm using AdminStudio 5.01, and during the build process, I recieve an error in the log (see below). The process never continues pass the build log, and I am unable to build the MSI file. Any suggestions?Thanks in advance,CurtisWednes...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access 97 Merge Module?

I am repackaging an application called EMS Professional. It uses an access 97 database. When I captured the program on my xp clean machine, it doesn't add the access 97 registry keys or files that the program uses. I am using admin studio 5.0, acc...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tuner under NT4 Doesn't work?

I have recently upgraded to AS5. Under XP and 2K everything is fine but on my NT4 systems I can no longer create a new transform using Tuner. It gives a windows c++ script error and then crashes? I have tried this on 3 diffferent NT4 systems and alwa...

Windows Media Player 9 and AdminStudio

Has anyone successfully created an MSI from Microsoft's Enterprise Deployment Package for Windows Media Player (v.9)? Not quite sure if there is something I'm doing wrong (while following the instructions with the EDP), if it's because of the Micros...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

One-Click install question

I just created my first one-click install and it works great. However, I would like a way to redirect the user's browser to a different page (other than install_installing.htm) once the installation has successfully completed.Does anyone know how I ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merge Modules Lcated on Network Share

I have run into an interesting problem. I have all my Merge Modules located on a Network Share (\\Server\MergeModules) and I have set the path for my Merge Modules to the same directory. Problem: Not all of the merge Modules display under redistrub...

Accessing All User and Current User profiles

What is the best method of accessing both the All User and Current User profiles? I know that there are some built-in properties for this, but they either point to one or the other, depending on the type of install. I want to do a per machine install...