cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager - New to this

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am a newbie to repackaging and I am just trying to repackage what I thought would be a simple application. But when I run the repackager (mapped to my development machine) in my test environment through vmware it tells me that it cannot complete the install (monitored) because the repackager application is using files that it need to write too. What am I doing wrong?
(4) Replies
From your posting its not clear exactly at what point OS throws up the message. Since you are using InstallMonitor method, and if the error is after the legacy setup is installed completely and before you clicked 'Process Data', you probably want to wait for a while, making sure the setup process is not done and no longer active.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
It is during the install that I get this error. It will not let me complete the install without closing the repackager.
I have'nt see such error. But then I assume may be the way this legacy setup is written, I would recommend 2 step method using snapshot instead installmonitor .
It would be helpful if you identified the application that you are trying to repackage. Name and version would be the minimum. 🙂

Also, what OS are you using in both environments and what version of VMware?