cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment projects -feedback

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
With AMS VP1 deployment projects become available, nice feature that we would want to implement / use asap......you guys might already be aware of the things listed below:

the behaviour of the deployment template does not follow the application template in that when the project is assigned two templates, the deployment template libary field is not updated to "In use via contract " but remains at "private". (template administration screen) and can be edited / modified -even if the modifications are not carried forward to the project

The application count in the template administration screen shows calculates more applications that actual migration requests entered, I beleive it counts the applications once per application template plus once for every deployment site entered

Deployment site status is not provided within the project summary page or projects page

The assignment listing for applications with multiple deployment sites lists all application entries identical, I would imagine that the site info appended to the end of the application name would be the requested/expected behaviour

In templates \ major workflow item details, item type -the item types do not really fit the "deployment" scenario

Within the application progress screen -"view application reports" only brings up info regarding the first application template and does not include info concerning the deployment template

would be useful to be able to filter applications by both the application family and also deployment site (and maybe combination of the two?)

would also be practical to add additional deployment sites to an application at a later time after creating the initial migration request

could be useful to support the creation of projects based on just "deployment templates", ie: at the moment it is possible to create templates with just an "application template"...but if you want deployment site support you are forced into creating a project with both application & deployment templates etc.
(2) Replies
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have created new Work Orders for the issues that were not in the system already. Bellow is a list with all the WO numbers for these issues:

1-EI82U - Deployment templates are not locked (set to 'In use via contract') after being in use (Bug)

1-EI833 - Application count in template Administration screen is inaccurate (Bug)

1-EI839 - Deployment site status is not provided within the project summary page or projects page (Feature Request - will add new reports to display status of Deployments)

1-EI83D - Add a Column to the assignment listing view that would display the name of the site if applicable - Feature Request

1-EI839 - Within the application progress screen -"view application reports" only brings up info regarding the first application template and does not include info concerning the deployment template. This issue is covered with the same WO as above.

1-EI83J - Ability to filter applications by both the application family and deployment (Feature Request)

1-EI83P - Ability to have a deployment template without an application Template

You can add new sites into applications that are in progress today, as long as you selected a deployment template when you created the project. All you need to do is log in as a customer, go to the 'Manage Application Requests' tab, and add select more sites to be deployed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

-Obed
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Cheers for raising the work requests Obed.

I was just thinking, how will AMS handle the "package association feature" between Conflict Solver and AMS for deployment projects ?

-I can see the logic of associating packages in conflict solver against entries for mr's, but with deployment sites there could be scope to broaden the association and link msi transforms with deployment sites (just as an example)

Has anything been suggested / defined yet concerning this ?