cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

command line and maintenance mode

Our package is installed with a command line (i.e. CMD=1, CMD=2, or CMD=3). Everything installs correctly. If the application is repaired or if a different user logs on to the computer then the cached version of the MSI is run.My question is there ...

ICE03 Invalid identifier/ format string

Hi,I've got a proplem with repackaging an application..I don't know how to solve it, can somebody help me?When I validate the packet I got 14 errors:ICE03 Error Invalid identifier; Table: AdvtExecuteSequence, Column: Action, Key(s): IS1"," http://dar...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identical keywords in INI files?

I am using AdminStudio 3.01 and am using Author. After repackaging an installer, I found that one of the INI files was not automatically added to the INI list. It turns out that the file has many, many lines with identical keywords under each section...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

alternative shortcuts for transform file

Hello all,I created a transform file for an office installation succesfully, the problem is that I need to add some other shortcuts for word and excel to several alternative folders.I can't get it to work, could someone post a step-by-step in order t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Reinstalling

I have just repackaged some software with AdminStudio 5 and the package keeps reinstalling everytime the program starts up. Older versions of this package is deployed throughout our company and working fine, they were packaged using Wininstall LE th...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie - self repair, how?

I'm currently evaluating InstallShield AdminStudio and trying to figure out how to use the self-repair feature for MSI installs. I've searched this site for any information but haven't found anything that helped me understand this.Specifically, I ha...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Message During Installing MSI

HiI am getting following error message when I am installing msi"1: The installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package; you must run setup.exe". But my requirement is to run from msi. Advise what changes will be required in msi to ru...

Kapilk2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual uninstall leaves a component behind...

Hi,I have a component in a package that does not uninstall properly when the uninstall is trigerred manually by the A/R Program control panel. However, if it uninstalled by Active Directory, the component gets uninstalled properly.The component consi...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Files Update...

HELP!!! I need some help in modifying the .msi that installs the "System Files Update", it's included with Microsoft Publisher 2002. On Windows 98 it attempts to install Outlook Express among other things. I have been unsuccessful in preventing th...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run MSI through Conflicts, ignore GUIDs

We have several MSIs that were originally ran through conflicts. Many of the conflicts were resolved by synching the GUID of the conflicting components.If you re-run an MSI, it no longer reports any conflicts because the GUIDs are synched. Is there...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos