cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Trying to put Computername in ini file

Hi,I'm trying to repackage Citrix Client 6. In the ini file i need to put the computername of each machine i deploy. Is somebody knows how to write this variable in the section "Ini File Changes" when your in direct edit mode of the msi?Regards,Chris...

xb6155 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio Enterprise Security

HiI don't think that I understand the "Security" feature of AdminStudio Enterprise.I want my packagers to only be able to see their own packages and I don't want them to see the workflows tab.I have unchecked all the relevant boxes in the "Manage Rol...

looeee by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging Question

I have a question regarding Windows XP Security Patches on a clean machine. If you setup a clean machine with Windows XP Service Pack 1a on it and all the latest security patches. Is it possible to repackage the clean machines security patches into...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing every time when clicking on the Icon

Hello!I have just made a .MSI file for installing Adobe Acorbat Reader 5.05. Everything looks OK, the first time I try starting Acrobat Reader (it starts, not installing). But all the time after it installs and configurating Acrobat Reader. The same ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Building .iss

I'm trying to build a response file for a vendor application called Fulcrum Fulview. When I install this application it launches an InstallSheild wizard, during which it temporarily loads an .msi and several .mst(s) into the temp directory. I attem...

mxl0b23 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Administrator privileges for configuring IIS Virtual Roots

I am trying to build a simple msi that contains an mmc and dll (system one) for installation but keep getting the following error:MSI (s) (AC:9C): Product: RetOpAdmin -- Error 1934.This setup requires Administrator privileges for configuring IIS Virt...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup.iss not created

When I try to create a silent install by running setup.exe -r not setup.iss file is created in the Windows directory. Has anyone had this problem or have an idea on what the issue might be?Thanks, Lawrence

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDA Arthur package and AD

Hi all -I have a situation where I've repackaged JDA Arthur Architect 2003.1 and it runs fine when I run the MSI, the problem is when I distribute it through Active Directory. The target PC shows that the software is installing but when I look in th...

Need to be Admin to install msi

Hi,I have created a transform and have advertised it on my XP box, when I run the icon it says this install requires administrator privileges on Windows NT . Setup will abort.Any ideas how I can give the user admin privileges while installing the a...