cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

System Files Update...

HELP!!! I need some help in modifying the .msi that installs the "System Files Update", it's included with Microsoft Publisher 2002. On Windows 98 it attempts to install Outlook Express among other things. I have been unsuccessful in preventing th...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run MSI through Conflicts, ignore GUIDs

We have several MSIs that were originally ran through conflicts. Many of the conflicts were resolved by synching the GUID of the conflicting components.If you re-run an MSI, it no longer reports any conflicts because the GUIDs are synched. Is there...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

copying files

Hello all,I'm trying to snapshot a product wich installation is a copy of some files and a couple of registry modifications. Once I take an initial snapshot I copy the files manually but when I take the final snapshoot I don't see any files captured ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI package cannot create registry key during installation

Hi there,I have repackaged a VB application with Repackager, and are having problem installing the MSI package through Active Directory onto Windows XP machines when logged in to the Windows as normal user, because it cannot create registry values wi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICE03 Invalid DefaultDir string repacking Oracle client

Hi,I need some help....I try to repack the Oracle 8.1.7 client but I get two ICE03 errors:ICE03 Error Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.7 http://dartools/iceman/ice03.html Directory DefaultDir _.1.7ICE03 Err...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLLs and Versions

We recently received 3 new DLLs from a vendor that are supposed to fix a problem we reported. The DLLs do fix the problem but the vendor kept the version the same as the previous 3 DLLs (we're trying to get them to change the version).So, when we pa...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Photoshop Elements Problem

Hello,I've repackaged "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2" (o errors, 1 warning) and installed the msi-package.When I launch the application I get the error "Coul not execute the process, because parts of the personal information are missing or false".The "m...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I merge two MSI's ?

I have created two MSI's, one of them is a converted Novell snapshot from an AXT, let's call it MSI1. The other is a Adminstudio snapshot of a batch file that populates ODBC data sources, we'll call it MSI2. I would like to use MSI2 to populate dat...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSP and Conflict Solver Database

Hi,I was wondering if it is possible to include a patch (MSP) in Conflict Solver Database.If the answer is yes, what is the best way to do this?If the answer is not, how can I do to find a Conflict ?Thanks