cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line and maintenance mode

Our package is installed with a command line (i.e. CMD=1, CMD=2, or CMD=3). Everything installs correctly. If the application is repaired or if a different user logs on to the computer then the cached version of the MSI is run.

My question is there anyway to run that cached MSI with the command line that the application was installed with when the app goes to maintenace mode?

Can this command line property be permanently set so it does not need to be called via the command line?

Thanks
(1) Reply
hi Cygnusx1

went through ur problem. All i could suggest u is two ways...

1) u could design a custom dialog box and set this property for the text box, where the user will be prompted to enter the commandline option he wishes to provide with it. This can be then transfered to a property in the propety table and use it for installing the application.

2) create 3 transforms for it and ask him to merge the MSI and MST to make three copies of the application. Which ever commandline option is required, that could be directly installed.

well we are trying out many other combinations to make it as simple as possible. let me know if u had tried these and if not what exactly u require as to installation point of view, i.e., u want user to interact with the installation or a silent automated installation. 1st suggestion will prove fruitiful if u want the user to interact and provide the option he wants. 2nd suggestion will be fruitiful if the user prefers a silent background installation.

let me know if u have anyother queries regarding this issue.....

bye ...... 🙂