cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Newbie - self repair, how?

I'm currently evaluating InstallShield AdminStudio and trying to figure out how to use the self-repair feature for MSI installs. I've searched this site for any information but haven't found anything that helped me understand this.Specifically, I ha...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Message During Installing MSI

HiI am getting following error message when I am installing msi"1: The installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package; you must run setup.exe". But my requirement is to run from msi. Advise what changes will be required in msi to ru...

Kapilk2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual uninstall leaves a component behind...

Hi,I have a component in a package that does not uninstall properly when the uninstall is trigerred manually by the A/R Program control panel. However, if it uninstalled by Active Directory, the component gets uninstalled properly.The component consi...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Files Update...

HELP!!! I need some help in modifying the .msi that installs the "System Files Update", it's included with Microsoft Publisher 2002. On Windows 98 it attempts to install Outlook Express among other things. I have been unsuccessful in preventing th...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run MSI through Conflicts, ignore GUIDs

We have several MSIs that were originally ran through conflicts. Many of the conflicts were resolved by synching the GUID of the conflicting components.If you re-run an MSI, it no longer reports any conflicts because the GUIDs are synched. Is there...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

copying files

Hello all,I'm trying to snapshot a product wich installation is a copy of some files and a couple of registry modifications. Once I take an initial snapshot I copy the files manually but when I take the final snapshoot I don't see any files captured ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI package cannot create registry key during installation

Hi there,I have repackaged a VB application with Repackager, and are having problem installing the MSI package through Active Directory onto Windows XP machines when logged in to the Windows as normal user, because it cannot create registry values wi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICE03 Invalid DefaultDir string repacking Oracle client

Hi,I need some help....I try to repack the Oracle 8.1.7 client but I get two ICE03 errors:ICE03 Error Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.7 http://dartools/iceman/ice03.html Directory DefaultDir _.1.7ICE03 Err...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLLs and Versions

We recently received 3 new DLLs from a vendor that are supposed to fix a problem we reported. The DLLs do fix the problem but the vendor kept the version the same as the previous 3 DLLs (we're trying to get them to change the version).So, when we pa...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos