cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Rebooting with a msg box displayed...

hi all, i have been asked to do the following in my new project that i have taken in-charge of.1. Please find how you would reboot a machine through MSI after an application is installed using maybe a VB exe or vb script or even MSI itself but sho...

98 / XP package merge

I've built an MSI / .EXE for Windows XP. This install won't work on a 98 box though. Is it possible to build another package from a 98 box and then somehow merge the two into one setup.exe or one MSI that would check and then determine which OS is ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn on/off logging in vbscript

Is it possible within a vbscript to:1. Turn on logging2. create a file3. Return logging to its previous stateThe purpose would be to create a file that will be removed during an uninstall. I do not want to add the file to the RemoveFile table becaus...

What's the best way to create a package and why?

I've been involved in some discussion with fellow packagers about the best way to create a package in AdminStudio and the reasons behind that determination.I have been told that Installation Monitoring can't handle a reboot - perhaps that is an incor...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add/Remove shortcuts will not go away

Hello guys. I am beginning to think this is a Adminstudio 5 issue. When i install my msi by double clicking, i can go into add/remove and successfully uninstall the product (files are gone as well as the shortcut in add/remove). When i install my msi...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

New User, Errors -6503, -6261, and others

Hi all,I'm new to using Admin Studio 5 Professionial. My question is I'm re-packaging a school's "Test Generator" program for remote deployment out to our Teachers computers, and am receiving the error messages below, can anyone help ???? Especially ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eval Guide is out of date

The current evaluation copy of AdminStudio 5 does not allow the user to open the production.mdb Access database provided in the current Evaluator's Guide download. A dialog says the database must be upgraded, but since AdminStudio is an eval copy, it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling Isscript8

Hi,Can anyone tell me how to uninstall isscript8.msi. When trying to uninstall, it comes up with a message saying the product is not installed. I.e. its not registered that the msi installed, although the files are on the pc.regards

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos