cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

VB Script

Looking for a vb script that will open a text file and look for a specific line or piece of text and change it to what is specified in the script and then save the changes.Anyone have a script that does such a thing and wouldn't mind sharing it?Thank...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

File permissions and cacls

I'm currently changing permissions for files and folders on my targets systems by using cacls in a custum action in my msi installers.However - I find the dos box that appears listing what cacls is doing unelegant. Is there any way to make this dos ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

System searches and Conditions

I am running a system search for the registry subkeys of office. I have created 3 searches for the keys office\8.0 office\10.0 and office\9.0My problem is that thes are only subkey and contain no actual values. I want to use this as an install condit...

Conflictsolver

Problem: Can't open old conflictdatabase (adminstudio 3.5) after upgrade to adminstudio 5.5Normaly i could connect to the sql database with 3.5 without having to give a password or username. Now in the new situation with adminstudio 5.5 installed i t...

sogeti by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vmware and AdminStudio

Am very, very new to AdminStudio. Also, very intimidated by it but have to learn it. I am told that the BEST way to publish applications to MSI is to use VMWARE workstation and use it instead of another PC. Is this the recommended method? What adv...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

GPO and msi version?

Hi guys. I have a group policy the installs my msi on a computers in a particular OU. If i open my msi in Developer, make changes and recompile it ...the GPO stops working. It does not recognize the modified msi. I have to re-create the GPO. What cha...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repacking

:confused: Looking for documentation, books, anything that will help with repacking. Any ideas ?

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple instances of a same name file...

I have a project which installs a seperate version of a file depending on whether office 97, 2k or XP is found. The problem is that it is irrelevant which version is found, The ppa file always goes into INSTALLDIR..when I compile the Program:ISDEV : ...

system searches

I have created a system search for WinWord.exe from App Paths. I want to use the stord value as an install LOCATION. How can I do this?Component is OfficeaddinSystem searches stores the App Path WinWord.exe into LOCOFFICE. how can I install a compone...