cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank window in Developer AS ver 8.0

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I've had to reinstall Admin studio version 3.5. After applying the Adminstudio35vp1.exe file which brought developer to ver 8.0 when I open Developer and then open a project the window is blank..... I've applied valuepack2 and all other updates I could find and still get a blank window when trying to open a project. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!!!
(3) Replies
It sounds as though one (or more) of the DLLs may not have been properly registered. There is an InstallTester utility for this scenario. While there are a small number of files that are not self registering most of them will reregister without problem and this should resolve your issue.

Run the attached InstallTester utility as follows:
+ click on the 'COM Tester' tab
+ select all files (select all files quickly by clicking the top file, holding down SHIFT, then clicking the bottom file)
+ click the 'Register Selected' button
+ click OK

Reboot the machine
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
That didn't do the trick. Any other ideas? I would just uninstall dev ver 8.0 but I've got packages built w/ that version that I need to work with.
Aside of uninstalling, cleaning the machine, and reinstalling there are some log files that may be of some use. See the attached extended set of instructions.

Beyond that, I would suggest contacting support (847-413-2896) so that we can assist you further. If you don't have a support agreement, contact your sales rep. (general number: 847-466-6000) who should be able to help with the issue and getting a support service request.