Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new installer from an existing installer

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi everybody,

I am new to the DevStudio 9 community, as I just began using it. Previously, I had created an installer using an earlier version of DevStudio. I had done this about 8-10 months ago, and have now forgotten the configuration settings I had used to create this installer. It basically consists of 3 files. My question is can I use this installer to create another installer with a few additions / modifications? The reason I am trying to create a new installer from the earlier one is that I do not clearly remember the registery settings I had used in the earlier one, and hence when I deflate it, and try to create an installer, there are errors. Please someone respond to this ASAP as this is very urgent. I look forward to continued interaction with the DevStudio community.

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya.
(1) Reply
If you want to make some changes to an existing MSI then you should create a transform. I'm sure I fully understand the question though. MSI is a completely open format. So you can open up the previous MSI take a look and take a look at the registry settings that you places in there.