cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackager not identifying some files added

Hi everyone,I'm having a problem where Repackager is not identifying all changed/added files. The files I've noticed so far are in the Fonts folder (but there could be others). I've checked the exclusion list over and over again, and they are not exc...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio 5.5

Does Admin Studio 5.5 let you take an InstallShield Professional built software package and "repackage" that if you will? Is it still required that you actually install it and then do a setup intent scan or something similiar? The reason I ask is I...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RemoveRegistry Table

I need clarification on the RemoveRegistry table!?!?! If it is empty then how upon uninstall of my package does everything that was copied to the Registry by my package get removed?This is probably very obvious but I haven't looked much deeper then ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Read a setting from an .INI file

Gday folks,I have a package that prompts the user for a setting, which is actually already contained in a .ini file on their workstations - I'd like to automate this step, so it reads the setting from the existing .INI file and passes it through to t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackager not starting a setup.exe

when I run the repackager to monitor a legacy setup, all works fine untill the point where it is going to launch the legacy setup and it never runs.I have had this happen with quite a few install programs. Has anyone had this trouble? and what, if an...

newbie's question about installshield products

hellocurrently, i am using developer 7 and thinking of purchasing newer versions. of couse there is developer 8, howerver i would like to have more options. i have read through product descriptions from InstallShield webpage. but to me, they all ...

hsong1 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

I am very new to this, but here's what i am trying to do. I want to build an installer package that installes a keyed version of an application. For example, I have Photoshop CS (8.0) I would like to build a package that installs a keyed version of t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VB Script

Looking for a vb script that will open a text file and look for a specific line or piece of text and change it to what is specified in the script and then save the changes.Anyone have a script that does such a thing and wouldn't mind sharing it?Thank...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

File permissions and cacls

I'm currently changing permissions for files and folders on my targets systems by using cacls in a custum action in my msi installers.However - I find the dos box that appears listing what cacls is doing unelegant. Is there any way to make this dos ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

System searches and Conditions

I am running a system search for the registry subkeys of office. I have created 3 searches for the keys office\8.0 office\10.0 and office\9.0My problem is that thes are only subkey and contain no actual values. I want to use this as an install condit...