cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Create .txt file

Is there any way to create a .txt file, and use variables in it? (for example [%USERNAME]I´m using InstallShield Adminstudio 5.5

bjornm by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing added Installscript from Basic MSI Project

I have a Basic MSI project.I briefly added an InstallScript function, then decided on a different approach to perform the task. Much later, I'm finding that I periodically get the following error at runtime: Error -1607: Unable to Install InstallSh...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Predeployment Test

What am I missing here?Install Clean XP Pro (SP1)Install ISS (All options)Install .NET (1033dotnetfx.exe)Install MSDEInstall AdminStudio 6.0 (Complete)> Open Predeployment Test >> Select Configure >>>IE 6 SP1 opens to http://10.26.179.229/PreDeployte...

Silent Install with Single File EXE

I have a 3rd party MSI which includes a setup.exe, a CAB file and the windows installer files.I created a transform using Tuner which creates a few shortcuts and drops a some files pertinent to my company. The files do not interact with the package....

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

can't find the right forum

i need a forum for Installshield for microsoft VC++ 6 , can't find it , i need to know if there a way to add a driver installation Zip file to my setup , that in the end of this my setup the installer will start the zip file installation automaticall...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Size limit

I've been using InstallShield for a few years and am packaging some software for the US Navy. The biggest server install I've done. I repackaged Oracle 9i and the configuration. It works great with a prestaged database. The problem is I am trying...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to update already deployed application?

Is there anyway to change the customization done to a deployed app (which was done using an MST file), which was deployed using Active Directory 2000 GPO?We deployed Citrix's ICA 8.0 client recently, and forgot to remove one of the shortcuts. I'm wo...

Mdac 2.8

Quick question - Have any of you come across many apps which require MDAC 2.8? We are JUST starting to see a couple here and there, so I was wondering if we should expect an onslaught, or if they seem to be far and few between. Any feedback would be...

error 1334

hi, i am getting error that index1.idx1 can not be installed because the file can not be found in the cabinet file data1.cab there is either a network error or CD-Rom error or the package is not proper. when i open my data1.cab i can not fin...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

opening transform package

hi ,any idea why it doesn't prompt me to select the msi file after the 2nd time i try to edit with devstudio ?