cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

IS X crashes with InteriorBin1 error

I seem to be having problems when I add New Dialogs to my Basic MSI project. It seems to be related to an InteriorBin1 entry. This is a real problem because IS keeps crashing without any suitable errors. Please help.

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

searching all tables with an extern Script at Keywords

Hi Team !I have a task to implement a quality wich can search an MSI / MSI with Mst from an external script or something else. The keywords should be stored in an ini file so that a doofus can add keywords to a list.I give you an example. A quality m...

A_-User by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio 6 Rookie - Needs Help

:eek: I am very new to AdminStudio6 and I was wondering if someone can help me out. I have this java plug-in that I am trying to repackage into an MSI package so I can send it out via SMS 2003.I downloaded this the Java executable and then imported ...

AS6 Corrupt. no longer install/repairs/updates

I have as 6 installed. recently I have recieved failure messages from MSI regarding a missing component. I tried top repair..failed Error 11725 I try to remove Error 11725 I try to modify Error 11725.....Any ideas why this is happenening?

SdFeatureTree For Basic MSI

HI,I have an urgent problem where I want to have a SdFeatureTree dialog instead of the annoying Custom Setup dialog :mad: , for a Basic MSI project I'm working on. Is there anyway I can add this dialog to the project. If not is it possible to create ...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging workstation setup from network location

Hi all, I have an app that is located on a network share and hosted from there. There is a legacy setup for the workstations to install DLL's, registry information, text-to-speech etc. The packaging process worked out I think. When I deploy this pack...

InstallShield Admin Studio COM Dll Registeration

Hi, I am using InstallShield Admin Studio 5.0, i have created an COM server registeration using VB6.0 Dll, this dll is part of my MSI Installer Package. when i run the MSI Installer , it register this dll automatically. my question is that, when inst...

Lack of training a HUGE issue.

Hi,I'm from Australia and am having absolutely NO luck whatsoever in finding any training for Installshield AdminStudio or Developer.Apparantly the only company that provides the training here is a company called Microway.The last time I tried to arr...

Active Directory Instructions

We have many customers who have a network and several PCs on the network but do not make use of a knowledgeable administrator to perform Admin duties such as creation of admin installation points and delivery of installations using Active Directory. ...

mapped drives

Hi there,I've created an image which allows users to run an application from a mapped drive. This is important for two reasons. The first is the software on the remote server is greater than 2GB in size (not ideal to copy this to every computer in ...

chele327 by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos