cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering the license code in a transform, SPSS12

I've seen guides on appdeploy and SPSS's own support saying the way to unattended install it is to script a line like:

msiexec /i /qb+ LICENSECODE=1234512345112343123412341234

That's all well and good, but we bought Installshield Adminstudio so we could leverage Active Directory.

I first tried creating a "response transform." Tuner lets you specify command line parameters with this. I did not at first. Created the response transform, entering the license code in the dialog, but when I later tested the deployment the license code did not get entered.

Next I created a transform using the "response transform" option and using the command line parameters:

LICENSECODE=1234512345112343123412341234; /qb+

In the dialog I found the licensecode was already entered, as I had hoped, but when I tested deployment I got an error saying: "make sure transform path is valid." The path is valid.

Finally I used the direct editor on a new transform to pre-fill the LICENSECODE property in the property table.

This transform does not generate an error, but like the first transform, does not fill the licensecode property.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

TIY,
Trent
(1) Reply
The problem maybe that the license code is not part of MSI. In some setups they use Installscript types of dialogs and this do not write information back to the MSI file. The response transform is trying to capture changes to the MSI file itself and if the dialog does not change a property or anything else then it is unable to capture this. I would recommend contacting the setup author and get information about how to push this package out.