cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Acrobat Pro 6 Wont take serial number

First off I have downloaded the Installshield tuner for acrobat pro 6 I'm trying to make a new transform file but everytime I run the install it says Invalid serial number. The serial number works fine when I don't use the transform file. Anybody ran...

How to convert an Irp file to Msi file in command line ???

Hi,I used Repackager with my setup. Repackager has created 2 files : Myproduct.inc and Myproduct.irp.When I open Myproduct.irp with Repackager, I can build MyProduct.irp to MyProduct.msi. I noticed that Repackager convert MyProduct.irp to Myproduct.i...

OMSTEF by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Dragon Naturally Speaking 7

I have tryed to package Dragon Naturally Speaking 7 but keep getting -1024 error and -3144 error. Has anyone had luck with packing this software? Any help or advice would be appreciated.Thanks in advance

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

running a vbs before installation

Hello all.I'm a beginner in MSI authoring and repackaging so bear with me. This is my scenario: I've written a piece of code in vbs and I'm calling wscript.exe to run it during the MSI installation. The problem however is that I do not know how to in...

ctimku by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost in Michigan

I am a newbie to posting and packaging, please help direct me. I am working with a Zenworks version of Installshield. I am doing work for a firm whose vision is hands off electronic delivery of the apps instead of having a tech visit. Several of t...

Can't uninstall AdminStudio?

When I try uninstalling AdminStudio, I encounter the following error message:Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\InstallShield AdminStudio.msiAnd then after hitting 'OK' I get:Fatal error du...

Import Dialogs From Resource DLLs Question

Hi,I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether it's possible to import a dialog with various controls (e.g. TreeView control), created in VB, into a Basic MSI project. If so how would I access the TreeView controls property values and whether it ...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command Line Parameters

Hi all,I am trying to repackage an .exe install package (java plug in) into an .MSII open AdminStudio6 and use the Assistant to do a snapshot repackage.My questions are:1) I have a -sn command in the command line parameters field. Will this make the...

Entering the license code in a transform, SPSS12

I've seen guides on appdeploy and SPSS's own support saying the way to unattended install it is to script a line like:msiexec /i /qb+ LICENSECODE=1234512345112343123412341234That's all well and good, but we bought Installshield Adminstudio so we coul...

Database issue in Conflict solver

Hi,This is karthik. while i was exploring the install shield,i got stuck up in the Conflict solver. when i was opening the conflict solver in the install shield it was asking me the MS-Access or any other database, that needs to be open. can any 1 gu...