cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Dissappointed with InstallShields AdminStudio 6.0

I purchased AdminStudio 6 2 months ago and I now believe it was a big big mistake. I was using Installsield 6.3 prior to this and found that with a bit of work it could do almost everything. AdminStudio 6.0 crashes practically everytime you try and d...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adminstudio itself....

Anyone able to help me out.I am attempting to package up the repackager component of adminstudio and am having difficulty in trying to use the existing package.I have admin installed the complete adminstudio to a network drive and am now trying to fi...

Inabus by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

TypeLib entries not removed on uninstall

I am using the Class, ProgID, and the TypeLib tables to register my files. Yet on uninstallation only the TypeLib entries are not removed. The permissions are set correctly.Any ideas?

Installshield 5.5 error

Hi AllI have created a MSI Package containing set of vb dlls, the installation went successful, but when i invokes the appication, it displays me an error in windows eventviewer as error-32797, can not create object.but, building the same package fro...

Error 1406 - AdminStudio 6.0

I, just today, received AdminStudio 6.0. Previously I had 5.5, I was getting an error during install of a repackaged program it is error 1406. Product: InterPlot Client -- Error 1406.Could not write value *NewlyCreated* to key \SYSTEM\CurrentContro...

Updating List Box at runtime

Does anyone know how I can update(refresh) a listbox at runtime. I run a custom action vbscript that adds entries to the listbox. However the entries are only visible when I click Next/Back.

SMunir by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populating listbox at run time

I want to populate a listbox at runtime with text enered in an editbox. I want to be able to run a vbscript that will take the text from the text box and make an entry in the listbox when the user clicks a button.The help files re-direct me to the Wi...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

application data\allusers

Hi all,Wondering if someone can help, my msi is installing some files to the ALLUSERSPROFILE predefined folder, under files and folders. When I install the msi using the command line switch /q or /qb! the files for this folder end up on the root of ...