cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert an Irp file to Msi file in command line ???

Hi,

I used Repackager with my setup. Repackager has created 2 files : Myproduct.inc and Myproduct.irp.
When I open Myproduct.irp with Repackager, I can build MyProduct.irp to MyProduct.msi.
I noticed that Repackager convert MyProduct.irp to Myproduct.ism and it build Myproduct.ism to Myproduct.msi.
So I would like to know how to create Myproduct.msi from Myproduct.irp from command line.
I used a tool: IsSaBld.exe wich convert an .ism file to .msi file and it works successfully. But with an .irp file it doesn't work. I cannot create an msi file from irp file.
So cna you help me to find a way to create a msi file from irp file in command line ?

Thanks for replies.
(4) Replies
if you have an irp file then you should be able to get the ism file as well. Unfortunately the way the process works is this: we compile the irp file to the ism file and then this is compiled to the MSI file. You can compile the inc file into an ism file.
Thank you for your reply.
But how can I compile inc file into ism file in command line ?
Currently, Repackager does not have built in command line functionality to build an .inc file to an .msi file via the command line. It must be done through the IDE. We do however have an internal utility that we use that can do this. I've attached it for your convenience.

Let me stress, we do not support this executable as it has not been tested by us. But it has been used by our QA team for some time now with success & you are free to use it at your own discression.

The file must be placed in the same directory as your isrepackager.exe file, usually \adminstudio\\repackager.

Help on using it can be found using the /? switch at command line.
Thank you very much for your help. 🙂
I'll try that utility and let you know if successful.

Best regards