cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Cannot delete shortcut folder

Hello in the X Editor after creating my MSI snapshot, i can delete the short cut from the programs menu i.e. ProgramFile\MyApp\MyShortcutBut I cannot delete the folder in which the shortcut was placed i.e. the MyApsp folder this was created by the MS...

Allow install with ver 1.x not force update

HelloI am using admin studio 6.xI created a simple MSI to change permissions on some reg keysthis is being rolled out to NT workstation 4.x with Windows Installer Service 1.xI do not want to force the update of windows installer service to 2.x on the...

App installs though just installed..?

Hate to sound dumb, but here's the scenario:1) repackaged applicationX to MSI2) install app as admin user3) launch applicationX as normal(lockdown) user, and the application seems to re-install as if doing a self-healing operation?!Any ideas?O/S = W...

Tuner hangs when creating response transform

I am trying to create a response transform for an msi file provided by the software developers. After entering the serial number and installation location, I get the message please wait while installshield wizard installs.... this may take a few minu...

em-jpk by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager and Windows Server 2003

All,Anyone able to help me fix an issue where re-packager doesnt snapshot a Windows 2003 terminal server. Basically it starts the snapshot process however comes up with a message stating "out of memory".The re-packager runs from our network however t...

Inabus by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install shortcut and files

I would like to install an repackaged application and have it check to see if another application is on the machine. If that second application is on the machine there is a shortcut and some files and folders that will also be installed. How would ...

1406 error creating reg key

HiI created a component which creates a regkey under Local_MachineI set the permissions on this key (i.e. the one it is going to create) to [%DOMAINUSER] [LogonUser] to full controllHowever when I run the installation I the 1406 error, I am also lo...

VB Scripting Books

Does anyone know of any good VB Scripting books that can be used to develop scripts for use with MSI Installshields. :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos