cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Pulling my hair out...

OK... all of my packagers currently use AdminStudio 5.01 with Developer 8 sp2 installed. I need to upgrade them to AdminStudio 6. Simple enough, right? Well, if I uninstall all of the MSIs which AS501 installed, and then install 6, whenever I lau...

Forced Reboot

Help.... :mad: How do you setup a forced reboot in an .ism to allow the user to reboot after a package install?

Ashman by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loading Binay File at runtime

Does anyone know how I can load a binary file (e.g. ico) at runtime. I would really appreciate either vbscript or installscript. I am trying to change the File property in the PushButton control and it's not happening. I think this is because I need ...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MultiSelect ListBox

Does anyone know how to create a MultiSelect ListBox. I have a Listbox control on my dialog but I can only select one item at a time. I'm using Installshield X - Basic Msi project.

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing and viewing icon at run time

Does anyone know how I can change an icon on a custom dialog at run time? I want to allow the user to view the icon they have navigated to. I can navigate to a .ico file but don't know how to update the icon control on the dialog. Any ideas - please ...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dissappointed with InstallShields AdminStudio 6.0

I purchased AdminStudio 6 2 months ago and I now believe it was a big big mistake. I was using Installsield 6.3 prior to this and found that with a bit of work it could do almost everything. AdminStudio 6.0 crashes practically everytime you try and d...

SMunir by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adminstudio itself....

Anyone able to help me out.I am attempting to package up the repackager component of adminstudio and am having difficulty in trying to use the existing package.I have admin installed the complete adminstudio to a network drive and am now trying to fi...

Inabus by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

TypeLib entries not removed on uninstall

I am using the Class, ProgID, and the TypeLib tables to register my files. Yet on uninstallation only the TypeLib entries are not removed. The permissions are set correctly.Any ideas?

Installshield 5.5 error

Hi AllI have created a MSI Package containing set of vb dlls, the installation went successful, but when i invokes the appication, it displays me an error in windows eventviewer as error-32797, can not create object.but, building the same package fro...