cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Tuner hangs when creating response transform

I am trying to create a response transform for an msi file provided by the software developers. After entering the serial number and installation location, I get the message please wait while installshield wizard installs.... this may take a few minu...

em-jpk by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager and Windows Server 2003

All,Anyone able to help me fix an issue where re-packager doesnt snapshot a Windows 2003 terminal server. Basically it starts the snapshot process however comes up with a message stating "out of memory".The re-packager runs from our network however t...

Inabus by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install shortcut and files

I would like to install an repackaged application and have it check to see if another application is on the machine. If that second application is on the machine there is a shortcut and some files and folders that will also be installed. How would ...

1406 error creating reg key

HiI created a component which creates a regkey under Local_MachineI set the permissions on this key (i.e. the one it is going to create) to [%DOMAINUSER] [LogonUser] to full controllHowever when I run the installation I the 1406 error, I am also lo...

VB Scripting Books

Does anyone know of any good VB Scripting books that can be used to develop scripts for use with MSI Installshields. :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

SMunir by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy single file to C:\

I have an application that writes a file to root drive C:\. This is a license file and therefore needs to be our own version of the file.Therefore, I want to apply a transform to the apps .msi that copies this file to C:\ - however, I cannot see any...

Vialli by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with repackaging RealOne Player (Enterprise Desktop)

Hello everyone,I'm newbie when it comes to AdminStudio so bare with me here,... for the past couple of days I have been trying to repackage RealOne Player, the Enterprise Desktop version (which is more or less the same as the free RealOne Player, but...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot create answer transform

Hello,I creating an Answer Transform for a product caled ABACUS version 5.3I start, entere the serial number then click next and it comes up with a box and error message "installation not complete failed to create transform"I OK this and another box ...