cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

repackager problem

I am using AS 6. when using it for the first time I managed to create a package and all seemed to go well. When trying to create a package the second time around I encountered a strange problem.The repackager doesn't seem to capture all the files in ...

How to skip license dialog when customizing MSI

Dear All,I'm learning to Customize Citrix MSI. I want to remove license dialog and also to remove some features in the customized msi. I'm using install shield admin studio for customizing.I'm using setup design and deleting the features which I felt...

Modifying Folder Permissions for Repackaged MSI

I'm attempthing, via the built in Installshield 10.50 pro that comes with Admin Studio 6, to modify thefolder permissions on a folder to include our DomainName\Domain Users with modify permissions. However when I run the MSI against a Virtual Machin...

Predeployment test - any one using?

Hi...I am just starting to play with this and haven't gotten very far. Does anyone have any tips on getting started, best practices, etc.? (Beyond the user guide provided by Macrovision.) Also, for those of you who are using, what's your opinion?T...

AS6 sp1 - Partytime or dud?

Happy Monday everyone... I have loaded sp1 on a test device (W2K sp4), and have noticed a few kinks... Editor seems to hang at random, but it did enable me to create an install for DirectX9c using the object wizard which was a good thing.BUT... Wh...

Self Heal RegistryData_User

I've created a component that I want to SELF HEAL for "new" users of the PC but it doesn't work as expected. It works for the user installing the software but not for subsequent users. Instead of getting created under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER branch i...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ActiveSync

Can anybody help, I am trying to create an MSI for Microsoft ActiveSync using AdminStudio v5.02. The Install Monitor will not launch the exe so I used Snapshot to create it. The snapshot seems to have worked OK, but when I launch ActiveSync having in...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation Monitoring doesn't work

I have been testing the Installation Monitoring process with our product and succesfully created an MSI package.Now I need to create a package from a newer product version so that I can test an upgrade process of the MSI package.The wierd thing is th...

Looking for latest version ISScript10.msi redistributable

I'm using Wise products to create transforms for product setup built with InstallShield, so they're dependent on the ISScript Engine, of course. But I can't seem to find a late release of the v10 ("X"?) engine... I have 10.0.0.159, but I'm looking fo...