cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Third Party App

I have a third party application (RightFax). I have modified the Setup.ini with all necessary modifications, and when I run setup.exe from a mapped drive it works correctly.If I run it from a unc path setup.exe ignores the setup.ini. The setup.ini is...

davezub by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Third Party applications mainteneance

I have a question regarding the capabilities of AdminStudio. I am a current IS 10.5 user, and have a requirement for a new project that I need to redeploy and maintain two third party applications; one is a msi package and the other an exe, neither ...

Silent MSI package

Does anyone know how (or is it even possible) to create an MSI package that installs silently without having to use any switches?James

Installscript Scan ?

Does anyone know if this is available with an eval version of Admin Studio 6? I just downloaded to test the functionality of Installscript Scan and it is not working. The Installscript MSI Identified Panel is never opening. I do know that the setup.e...

Device Driver Wizard limitations??

We have been "playing with" the Device Driver Wizard in AdminStudio 6. We have found the problems if one or more of the follwing is true:The driver files (.dll, .exe, etc.) are NOT in the same directory as the INFThe driver files are in a compressed...

Installing MSI with non admin user

I'm new to Admin Studio. One of the main issuies we have deploying applications is lack of user privileges. Our machines are locked down which prevents users from installing applications if they are not administrators. When a package or repackage ...

Vitojm by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Dialogs a few questions

Hi,I am just starting to look at creating my own dialogs in Editor X I used the wizard and added and "interior" dialog and placed after the licence agreement dialog. I see how to edit the three lines of text at the top i.e. the text in the blue bar a...

Cannot delete shortcut folder

Hello in the X Editor after creating my MSI snapshot, i can delete the short cut from the programs menu i.e. ProgramFile\MyApp\MyShortcutBut I cannot delete the folder in which the shortcut was placed i.e. the MyApsp folder this was created by the MS...

Allow install with ver 1.x not force update

HelloI am using admin studio 6.xI created a simple MSI to change permissions on some reg keysthis is being rolled out to NT workstation 4.x with Windows Installer Service 1.xI do not want to force the update of windows installer service to 2.x on the...

App installs though just installed..?

Hate to sound dumb, but here's the scenario:1) repackaged applicationX to MSI2) install app as admin user3) launch applicationX as normal(lockdown) user, and the application seems to re-install as if doing a self-healing operation?!Any ideas?O/S = W...