cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for latest version ISScript10.msi redistributable

I'm using Wise products to create transforms for product setup built with InstallShield, so they're dependent on the ISScript Engine, of course. But I can't seem to find a late release of the v10 ("X"?) engine... I have 10.0.0.159, but I'm looking for v10.1.0.128 (or higher) in either an MSI or MSM. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? TIA--

~ewall
(4) Replies
You don't need just any IScript MSI you need the one that the package you are transforming was compiled against... if it was compiled against one at all.

Basically it's possible to create a Basic MSI project with no installscript custom actions and never need ISScript.MSI.
Thanks, Chris--

Perhaps I should be more clear: I'm repackaging here, not creating a new setup. And since I'm creating a transform, I won't be running it with the SETUP.EXE, which includes the required engine embedded.

However, I can see from the properties that the MSI in question does in fact use ISScripts and requires version 10.1.0.128.

Standard procedure for installing this (with the custom transform) would be to silently install the ISScript10.msi redistributable first, but I can't locate a copy of the version I need anywhere on the InstallShield site. Another possible option is to include the appropriate merge module and tweak the properties to detect it correctly, but that's a little messier, and AFAIK InstallShield has only given out MSMs thru InstallShield 9sp1.

I was hoping someone on the forums here might have an idea where I could locate the latest versions of these, as InstallShield's official download pages and knowledge base lead you in many directions to many different versions of the redistributables. Ugh...
I hope you realize that repackaging and creating transforms are two entirely different concepts. When you repackage you ARE createing a new EXE.

You can reate a transform and still use the setup.exe, just modify the CMDLINE= argument in the setup.ini to include a reference to your transform.

Perhaps the package you are trying to transform is a single EXE. There are ways to extract this to a temp directory then rebootstrap it into a setup.exe, setup.ini, isscript.msi, foo.msi, foo.cab ectera.

Also you can use a single setup.exe with a transform by saying something like

setup.exe /v"TRANSFORMS=C:\FOO.MST"

or

setup.exe /s /v"TRANSFORMS=C:\FOO.MST /QN"
Thx for the terminology correction... I tend to lump all methods under the header "repackaging", although that probably best fits "capturing" but not creating transforms, silent SETUP.ISS files, etc.

Anyway... thanks for the tip on the SETUP.EXE syntax. I hadn't used the option of passing arguments to the MSI much before 'cause I'd probably been getting it wrong (darn space between the /v and the open quote!).