cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Please help- how do i delete files before installing MSI?

I need some help...... We just began using AdminStudio SMS Edition v6, and I created a package that only copies files to one folder. The problem is that about 12 of these files on the target machines are the same name and newer as the ones being co...

viggi_k by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom component for current user

:rolleyes: I have created a mst with specific registry entries that are in HKCU. I have set it to install to each user when they launch the application. This works great except for users not connected to the network (location of the install package)...

Repackaging JRE 1.4.2_07 for Active Directory

Hi there,I hope someone can help me with a problem I have rwith the distribution of JRE1.4.2_07 silently via AD.What I did:- Extracted the MSI - Created a Transform using AdminStudio 6 to disable JavaUpdate and the Webstart Icon + adding a launch con...

MarkusW by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Few Questions.

1. What will be condition if I want any component to get installed only during first installation but not during re-installation or self healing etc.? 2. What will be condition if I want any component to get installed during installation or re-instal...

Kapilk2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User healing outside of predefined folders?

I need to be able to create a "user" directory (target path for all of the user components for my app) based on a user environment variable. When I install the application via administrator and then logon as a regular user I need the application to ...

In search of perfection

As I sit here I'm watching an SMS 2003 push of an application to 1306 machines. 25 clients never evaluated policy leaving 1281 machines that did.Out of the 1281, 1206 have finished and 26 have failed with error 1603.That leaves me with a push that ...

Noob question! .NET & MSI

.NET not installed on clean machine.Captured application(SDD) on clean machine. (Monitored and Snapshot)SDD install asked to install .NET (assumption: included in EXE package of SDD)Created the .IRP. Opened and rebuilt to .MSI package. Hidden all d...

MSI deployment via GPO & application data

Hi, i'm currently modifying the supplied OpenOffice 2.0 msi to better suit our network. Basically upon running it the first time, the user is asked to register & their settings for using OO are defaulted and stored in their profile.I've worked up a p...

Adobe Acrobat Stnd. 6.0 Customize

I have an MST built with Adobe's Tuner and have everything set the way my company likes. However, I would like to add additional safeguards to package to keep those pesky users from defeating company policy and my hard work. I would like to remove ...

kstall by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to skip license key input during snapshot

Dear all,i would like to build a msi for software by snapshot, but the software require me to input a license key. In future, the msi will be distributed to a lot of machine and they will have different license key. I would like to know How AdminStud...