cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

AdminStudio

Hi All,I've captured an install through Repackager (AdminStudio 6.0) which was compiled and work fine. However, there are different environments. We would like to use this MSI but, would like to use an 'Input' file containing variables, for example, ...

jaiguru by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstallAdminStudion Eval - Failure Step 0

InstallAdminStudio reports that it cannot install because it is already installed.It is not in add/remove programs.The MSI Cleanup tool does not list it as exist.I tried manually deleting all obvious reg keys and files to no avail.I'm reinstalling be...

Adobe Reader 7 Self-healing

Hi thereI have created an mst file for adobe reader and everything works fine for the person who runs teh install. however when another users logs on all setting that i made in the HKCU are not applied to them. It would appear that the self-healing f...

grantjo by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

inheritance registry permissions

I'm trying to grant registry permissions through a msi object. The problem is that he sets the rights only on the first key and not on the subkeys. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ??thanks

royd12 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall icon in IDE

[FONT=Garamond]Does anyone know why the Uninstall icon is always disabled on the Standard IDE toolbar?Also, whenever I run the installation from inside the IDE, if the product is already installed, it presents a message saying I must uninstall it fir...

The instmsia.exe and instmsiw.exe file

Hi,I have used the InstallShield Admin5.0.Could someone help me to omit the instmsia.exe and instmsiw.exe file in the release.I dont want to have those files in my release. Thank you very much

ZENworks Simple App to MSI?

Hi!I am trying to repackage a ZENworks simple app into an msi. I exported the ZENworks App to axt format, and then tried opening this with the AdminStudio (ZENworks Edition) Repackager. I accepted all defaults and built the msi. Although the msi was ...

vkrish by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch an .exe within an .msi before installation completes

I'm working on an application named Robot Millennium, what I need to happen is for the Protection Settings (KREMOTE.EXE) application to run before Robot Millenniuim runs. KREMOTE gets installed along with the Robot Millennium application. In the .msi...