cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

convert from installscript msi to basic msi

When you use the package wizrd to detect an installscript msi and to convert it, are you repackaging the msi or is it merely converting it? Any ICE errors that occur in the resulting msi, are they just the vendor's or can the conversion process lead...

Repackage Installscript keeping components

Hi,i saw i was able to repackage installshield installscript packages to Msi,but the target msi does not allow to choose between components (the msi is only one component with all files in it).Does one know if there is a way to keep the different com...

Possible corrupt packages

We recently had to restore several .msi packages from tape backup. When I attempt to run any of these packages, I get the following message: "Windows Installer: This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify t...

InstallScript MSI and Active Directory

Having a problem running an InstallScript MSI through Active Directory GPO. This particular package needs to install an application from 3 CD's. Couldn't repackage the app for various reasons so decided to use an installscript (custom action) to la...

glarsen by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repost: Third party setup exe question

I am reposting this here since it might relate to somone in the repackaging world:I have to call a products install which was packaged using Ghost install. I see a lot of griping around these boards about lack of documentation, try using their site!...

Registry validation in Repackage

I am evaluting AS6 and as a test I am repackaging Office 2000 Professional into a single executable MSI file. I need to restrict the installation to only install if the registry entry HKLM\Software\Deployment\Office = "2000" yet when I attempt to cre...

idgarad by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action

I have a Custom Action that calls an EXE stored in binary. The EXE grabs the current user, time, date and adds this information in the registry. I only want to get this information the first time the MSI is installed. Does anybody know how to set ...

Error 1606 installing MSI, AXT File Conversion

:confused: Hello All, I have captured an install for Progress 9.1D drivers using zenworks snapshot v 6.5. I have then used Admin Studio 6 Pro utilising the repackager wizard to convert the .axt file into an .MSI package. the package converts but I ha...

Please help- how do i delete files before installing MSI?

I need some help...... We just began using AdminStudio SMS Edition v6, and I created a package that only copies files to one folder. The problem is that about 12 of these files on the target machines are the same name and newer as the ones being co...

viggi_k by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom component for current user

:rolleyes: I have created a mst with specific registry entries that are in HKCU. I have set it to install to each user when they launch the application. This works great except for users not connected to the network (location of the install package)...