cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Repackager setup failing - Shared location path not valid

I've just installed AdminStudio 11.5 Service Pack 2 and am using it for the first time. Trying to run the Remote Repackager setup.exe on a clean VM. I've shared the "Repackager" and "AdminStudio Shared" folders from my work computer. As I progress through the Remote Repackager dialogs on the clean VM, I'm prompted to browse to or enter the path to where AdminStudio Shared is installed.

Regardless of whether I enter the drive letter or a UNC path, I keep getting an error message: The AdminStudio Shared location path you entered is not valid. Please verify that it is correct.

I've verified it as correct and have verified that the folder is shared.

Any suggestions on how to get past this?
(2) Replies
I'm having the same problem. Did you manage to find a solution to this?

Thanks
When you get the error message saying that the shared location path is not valid, it typically means that the expected files are not being seen in that location. This could be because of permissions preventing it from seeing them or it could be that the wrong folder is being used for the shared location.

I suspect that the error message is seen when the Remote Repackager setup is unable to find the Shared AdminStudio.ini file.

The AdminStudio Shared folder is expected to contain the following files at its root:
EA_Default.xml
isolationconfig.ini
isolationconfiguration.xml
isrepackager.context.ini
isrepackager.ini
issnapshot.ini
PostReplication.sql
PreReplication.sql
Shared AdminStudio.ini

In addition to the above listed files, there are two subfolders:
ConflictSolver
Help

Also, if you are an AdminStudio Enterprise Edition customer making use of the AdminStudio Platform API, a file will be created at the root named PlatformSettings.xml
And typically customers will also create their own subfolders in the AdminStudio Shared folder to keep and share things such as templates, custom actions and merge modules.

One other note: There are actually two folders named AdminStudio Shared (I know, awesome, right? The more the merrier) One of them is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\2013\AdminStudio Shared\ and is NOT the folder that the Remote Repackager setup is looking for.

The folder that the Remote Repackager setup is looking for is installed (by default) to C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio Shared\ and should contain the files listed above.

I hope this helps,
-Evan