cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into catalogs

Hi there

I am new to Adminstudio and need help setting up a user environment.

What I have is Adminstudio installed on a Server, and 3 customer catalogs setup.

They are all installed on the same SQL server and have their own unique login details.

What I would like to happen is rather than each customer having to enter login details into the standalone server (Server, Authentication, Login ID and Catalog fields), is for these to be populated and they would just have to enter the password.

What I noticed is there is a Shared Adminstudio.ini in the Adminstudio Shared folder, which holds the details I need pre-populated, would it be possible to use this?

Any help is greatly appreciated
(2) Replies
You should use WorkFlow Manager in a Multiple customer environment.

This works like a portal and every user can login with single sign-on in their own customer environment and start using AdminStudio or request new applications and /or check the realtime status of their request.

You can even use this a a Knowledgebase etc..
When you login in AdminStudio, it maintains the recent connection list on the "Recent" tab on connection dialog. The last credentials are always pre-populated however if you want to use one among last used, go to Recent tab, double click the catalog you want to connect and the Server tab will get activated with all the information for selected catalog pre-populated but password. Just fill in the password and there you go. . . .

Cheers.