cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Snapshot in AS 6 - not working

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have recently upgraded to AdminStudio 6 Professional. When I try to run OsSnapshot.exe on my reference computer, I receive a message saying "This feature requires AdminStudio Professional Edition". When I run OsSnapshot.exe on the computer where I installed AS, it runs fine. Has anybody else seen this? Is this a bug or have I missed something in my setup?
(8) Replies
Can this successfully run on any machine other than the machine where AdminStudio is installed? Please try this on another machine and see if it works there.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I tried it on two additional machines just now. The same message on both of them, too. ISRepackager.exe I can run without any problem, but not OSSnapshot.exe.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I've just tested on my VMWare Windows 2000 box, and OSSnapshot reports the same error 😞
I have reproduced locally and it looks like it is a configuration problem. I am tracking down the solution and will post it when I have it.
You need to put this file in the same directory as OsSnapshot.exe and put your serial number after PIDKEY=
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Excellent 🙂
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, the OSSnapshot.exe still gives me the same error – even after I added the OSSnapshot.ini (with my Serial #) to the same folder.

-> I have a mapped drive from my test PC to the “C:\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\6.0\Repackager” folder on my development PC.

Any suggestions??
I just realized that the serial # must have the dashes (-) included as shown in AdminStudio->Help->About… and not as shown on the CD package.

Anyhow, it works now.

Cheers.