cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Registry permissions not being written

Hi All,I use AdminStudio 7.5, I have an MSI that installs an app for all users (ALLUSERS=2) on an XP and Win2000 machines. The Properties for the app reside in the HKLM hive of the registry which the app attempts to write to during startup. If the u...

dcrabb by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Help] Lock Permission on Registry and files

Hi,Here is my little problem...Iam using Admin Studio 5.5 to package some app for my client...When we package the application called Loxane WayPro, the problem is that as a normal user connected on the computer, there are differents access refuseddue...

thegorre by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

v4 Evaluation

Is the evaluation available as a separate download, I received a confirmation email but it contained no link to Workflow Manager..?Thanks,

Creating a New Application Catalog?

I have been trying to create a new application catalog in SQL server with Adminstudio 5.5. But it doesnt allow me to specify a new catalog name, as mentioned in the help. When I try to select one of the existing databases as catalog it prompts me an ...

build fail errors - FlexNet AdminStudio for Zenworks

Hello,I am trying to create a simple build for adobe reader 8 with FlexNet AdminStudio for Zenworks Edition.After trying 'Monitor installation' and 'snapshot' I am unable to 'build' the package after. I have posted a copy of the buildlog.txt.Please i...

maltbyd by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Basic snapshot package won't uninstall

I have a Basic snapshot package that I just copy some files into a directory and run batch file through a custom action to start a service. the trouble is that it doesn't uninstall, and when I try, it runs the batch file again. Any suggestions? Thank...

mrdpmn by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

run custom Action under system account

Hi allI created a custom action within a msi package to add a domain user to the local "Administrators" group to complete the setup after deploying a msi package correctly. Is it possible to run explictly this custom action on a different user accou...

Importing ini in new transform

I am trying to import an ini file into the System Configuration - Ini Files section of the configurator. It allows me to browse and select the ini file and prompts for the correct option (overwrite, etc) but when I complete the wizard the ini file d...

tagross by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ACE or ICE info

Hi all.Have anybody some good links to information about writing your own ACE-files ? I have tried the sample provided with AdminStudio, but without results ? an alternative could also be custom ICE, but the only example I have found so far on MSDN ,...

JensFrom by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Injecting Computername

I have an app that at first launch brings up a dialog box asking for the computer name. As being new to this I am having a tough time figuring this out. How can I check the computer name during install and populate the computer name data either in t...

mrdpmn by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos