cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't figure this out

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I get these errors when I try and repakage. Later on the whole thing bombs at fail.

I have this directory on my system where I am putting eveything except the path does not include the "[" part in the path. What am I miss configureing. Why are the "[" appearing in the path?

PatchPackage table successfully built
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Pilgrim-one\software\adobe\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-000000000001[\}]PDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_PDFFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Pilgrim-one\software\adobe\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-000000000001[\}]FDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_FDFFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Pilgrim-one\software\adobe\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-000000000001[\}]XDPFile.ico" for Icon Icon_XDPFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Pilgrim-one\software\adobe\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-000000000001[\}]XFDFile.ico" for Icon Icon_XFDFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Pilgrim-one\software\adobe\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-000000000001[\}]FDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_FDFFile.ico does not exist.
ProgId table successfully built
(8) Replies
Donot know the exact cause of the issue. However as a workaround you can try the following:

1) Open the .inc\.ism file in Developer
2) From shortcuts view select the the shortcut in question and browse for the desired icon through the Property Box.

3) rebuild the setup and very the results.

Hope this may help.

Nio
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am stil having no luck with repackaging Adobe 6.0 I have include my build log so maybe one of you experst can give me a clue on what to do next.
From what I understand Adobe 6.0 is already an MSi package. It is not recommended to repackage an MSI package (Adobe will not support it in such instances).

If you need to customize the MSI, please use Developer or Tuner to create a transform.
First of all I see that your repackaged MSI has cached MSI installer .ico files. Your repackaged MSI should not contain any MSI entries. Hopefully your are not repackaging any existing MSI setup. Anyways, you should exclude those entries when building the MSI.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I don't have an adobe MSI package. All I was able to download was an AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe program that installs Adobe 6.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Well thanks to your comments. I know realize that the adobe installer exe realy is an MSI package in discuise. I was not clueing in to that.

What was the telling clue for you guys that it was trying to repackage and MSI? I am still learing my way around this software.

After a some digging I have found how you exctat the MSI from it. This should make life much nicer. Know I just have to build some new clean computers to work on.
How do you strip the MSI from a setup.exe? /a either just crashes or doesn't do anything but install the app on my box depending on the setup.exe I try it on.
Once the setup.exe is done the extraction phase I get an error, so before I click on it, I did a search for one of the extracted files and found it under an obscure name in the temp directory. I copied the files from there.
Unfortunately, it's another setup.exe with subfolders for the INSTMSI files, the setup folder with a pile of msi and msp files and a cab file and a subfolder for the MSM files.