cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Flexera CChong
Flexera

Adobe repackaging problems

From all the posts I have read, obviously many people have been able to repackage both Adobe Acrobat 5 and Photoshop 7 without difficulty. Can anyone throw some suggestions my way on how to accomplish this without 600 errors. I am working on a clean Windows 2000 machine with Service Pack 3, Office XP, and IE 6. I have run ISRepackager locally as well as across the network to the development machine, both to no avail. :confused:
0 Kudos
15 Replies
nicholas_ong
Pilgrim

Re: Adobe repackaging problems

First of all you may want to work with just the OS and Service Pack. I wouldn't consider having Office XP installed as a Clean machine. Ensure that you log on as local admin while repackaging. If possible, do not add the workstation to the domain.
0 Kudos
Flexera CChong
Flexera

Thanks for the tips. The only reason that I need to have Office installed is for Acrobat. It places plug-ins for the PDF maker in the Office folder. Without it, the install will skip right past them and not install the plug-ins. I do add the computer to the domain, but always use the local admin account. I will try not adding it to the domain to see if that helps. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
nicholas_ong
Pilgrim

Here are certain things to watch out for when repackaging Photoshop 7. There are several files with % in the filename and Installshield tends to Add % to it thinking it's a variable. When compiling, it then complains that it can't find the **%%.ado file. Do a search for these files and change them to ***%.ado. You can do a search and replace but record the ones you do not want to replace and change them back after.

The shortcut icons also poses problems, they have to be modified manually.

As for Acrobat plug ins, I wonder if you installed Acrobat prior to installing office xp if that would work. And if it does, the assumption is that the plug ins are installed. I'm sure that a large number of people may have installed Acrobat prior to installing Office xp. How did they get the plug ins to work?
0 Kudos
AlaksSevugan
Pilgrim

Issues with % sign in the filenames has been fixed in AdminStudio 3.5 and this release will be available soon.
0 Kudos