cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackaging Adobe Acrobat Standard by using AdminStudio

Dear Everyone,

I was trying to re-pack the Acrobat Standard 10 by using AdminStudio, however it was failed and hold in the Adobe Printer installation.

I already try to do it in a clear platform (Win7 with new set of AdminStudio)

Any suggestion to fix the problem?

Thanks in advise.

Ricky.
(2) Replies
Can I ask why you're attempting to repackage this w/ AdminStudio, instead of using the Adobe MSI and creating a transform for it by using Adobe Customization Wizard 10? That would seem to be the easier/faster solution, along with following repackaging best practices. The wizard can be downloaded here. Hope that helps.
rickypun wrote:
Dear Everyone,
I was trying to re-pack the Acrobat Standard 10 by using AdminStudio, however it was failed and hold in the Adobe Printer installation.
I already try to do it in a clear platform (Win7 with new set of AdminStudio)
Any suggestion to fix the problem?

It sounds like you used Repackager to capture Adobe Acrobat X Standard. That is not advised, as it is already in the Windows Installer .MSI format. You should create a .MST transform file to customize the vendor .MSI. One of your primary problems is that Acrobat contains a driver (the virtual Acrobat printer driver) and drivers are not allowed to be captured because they make dynamic changes that typically must vary from machine to machine. Adobe's .MSI install for Acrobat properly dynamically runs custom actions in order to install the Acrobat printer driver.

Again, you need to transform the vendor MSI. You can do that by using our InstallShield Editor or Tuner utilities, or you can use the "Adobe Customization Wizard", which is an Adobe tool that generates a MST transform for Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.