cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS/SAM Integration in FlexeraOne

For Direct Connect SaaS Apps in FlexeraOne, we can't edit the license type or add any new licenses, so the only place we have to put anything additional is under Miscellaneous Fees. Things like # of server calls/mth = $xxxx, # of web views is another one.

So when we look at Publishers at Risk, both SAM and SaaS licenses are there but it does not have purchase info from Miscellaneous Fees so we see some titles at risk that are not.

I'm curious to know how this should be handled? Best Practices? What do others do?

(2) Solutions

@Dawn_King 

I'm not sure I completely understand your question(s) here, so please correct me where I've misunderstood...

You may want to request the missing licenses (# of server calls/mth = $xxxx, # of web views) to be added to the supported direct integration(s) through the Ideas portal, especially if you positively know that they're available through API integration(s) to the SaaS vendor app portal(s).

In the meantime you can potentially add licenses to SaaS mgt. and use the Data Ingestion Utility  to import the relevant data, again provided that the data are available through API integration(s) to the SaaS vendor app portal(s).

I don't understand the use case(s) you describe by "...when we look at Publishers at Risk, both SAM and SaaS licenses are there but it does not have purchase info from Miscellaneous Fees so we see some titles at risk that are not." so please elaborate a bit more, or maybe provide some anonymized screen shots if possible.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

@Dawn_King 

The 'Publishers with the most licenses at risk' widget is the top 5 list of publishers from the License Summary view with a filter 'Compliance status is At risk':

Capture.PNG

It calculates the compliance position irrespective of whether the entitlements are entered into ITAM through its SaaS management integration or through PO's. However, there are no SaaS mgt. costs imported into ITAM, not from the license records and not from the Miscellaneous fees either. (The idea behind this is to be able to distinguish between SaaS and on-premise software costs in a dashboard like the Technology Spend dashboard, and especially avoiding to potentially count SaaS costs twice otherwise...)

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

@Dawn_King 

I'm not sure I completely understand your question(s) here, so please correct me where I've misunderstood...

You may want to request the missing licenses (# of server calls/mth = $xxxx, # of web views) to be added to the supported direct integration(s) through the Ideas portal, especially if you positively know that they're available through API integration(s) to the SaaS vendor app portal(s).

In the meantime you can potentially add licenses to SaaS mgt. and use the Data Ingestion Utility  to import the relevant data, again provided that the data are available through API integration(s) to the SaaS vendor app portal(s).

I don't understand the use case(s) you describe by "...when we look at Publishers at Risk, both SAM and SaaS licenses are there but it does not have purchase info from Miscellaneous Fees so we see some titles at risk that are not." so please elaborate a bit more, or maybe provide some anonymized screen shots if possible.

Thanks,

Thank you for responding for my question. You have definitely given me some things to think about and investigate.

As for Publishers at Risk, it's the Dashboard IT Asset Management

Did my post get cut off? I'm not seeing the screenshots I uploaded and additional text.

@JohnSorensonDK 
Trying it again, seems it did get cut off above. So this is about the Dashboard in Flexera IT Asset Management:
IT Asset Mgt Dashboard.PNG
Wondering if the nos. used here are from the Purchase tab in the auto-generated SAM license, or from a SaaS license? And if from SaaS license, only the main page or also the Miscellaneous Fees page? The main page is called "License Details" and to the right of that, the next heading/page is " Miscellaneous Fees."

Every time I try to add that screenshot I get this error message:

Blob Error Msg.JPG

Thanks! 

@JohnSorensenDK 

One more try on the screenshots:

Misc Fees in SaaS jpg.JPGIT Asset Mgt Dashboard.PNG

@Dawn_King 

The 'Publishers with the most licenses at risk' widget is the top 5 list of publishers from the License Summary view with a filter 'Compliance status is At risk':

Capture.PNG

It calculates the compliance position irrespective of whether the entitlements are entered into ITAM through its SaaS management integration or through PO's. However, there are no SaaS mgt. costs imported into ITAM, not from the license records and not from the Miscellaneous fees either. (The idea behind this is to be able to distinguish between SaaS and on-premise software costs in a dashboard like the Technology Spend dashboard, and especially avoiding to potentially count SaaS costs twice otherwise...)

Thanks,

Thank you so much. I will review and accept solution if there are no further questions.