cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon Configuration Failed to Flexera One

Hello Experts, 

We got the error below when configured the beacon the Flexera One. We run the safelist (attached) checking in PowerShell and all of them were passed. 

Is there any others thing we need to check? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to download policy.
Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Core.ComplianceApiFatalException: Download failed for item https://beacon.flexnetmanager.com/inventory-beacons/api/policy/?tenantUid=9G7VXYEKHFTKPCD6&BeaconUID={F40EE521-CDA0-453D-85CC-0B36C6C5E6D7} (An error occurred while sending the request.) ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Rules.PolicyClient.DownloadPolicy(String currentVersion, String inventorySettingsRevision)
at Flexera.Beacon.Engine.Services.PolicyService.GetPolicyFromServer(Int32 currentRevisionNumber, String inventorySettingsRevision)
at Flexera.Beacon.Engine.Services.PolicyService.UpdatePolicy(IActivityLogger activityLogger)

Thanks,

Peng 

(1) Solution

The following page in online help will cover what you are looking for here: Configuring Inventory Beacons for Connection to the Application Server

And here is a related page which may also be helpful for understanding details of network connections to and from beacons: Ports and URLs for Inventory Beacons

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

An error like that may indicate that your beacon is not configured to communicate using modern TLS versions. Is the beacon running on an older Windows OS version?

Alternatively, there could be some firewall or other network device that is blocking/terminating the network connection.

A troubleshooting step would be to attempt to navigate to https://beacon.flexnetmanager.com/ using a browser on the beacon. If this fails to connect then troubleshoot the failure you see.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for the response. The beacon is running on Windows Server 2019. I attempted to run  https://beacon.flexnetmanager.com/ in IE browser, it looked like it was blocked. I found it was not in the safelist. I thought the safelist checking should cover all URLs that beacon server's firewall should to be opened for. May I ask you is there any other URLs besides the  https://beacon.flexnetmanager.com/ ? Is there any document have the lists of ALL URLs, so I can ask our firewall team to do it one time. 

Thanks,

Peng 

The following page in online help will cover what you are looking for here: Configuring Inventory Beacons for Connection to the Application Server

And here is a related page which may also be helpful for understanding details of network connections to and from beacons: Ports and URLs for Inventory Beacons