cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Citrix XENAPP and XENDESKTOP Experts .. License Related

Hi Everyone, we are considering leveraging the ability of the Flexera environment to track our Citrix environment. We use the Cloud instance of Flexera and have both flavors of the Citrix solutions, that being, XENAPP and XENDESKTOP. I have been doing some investigation around implementing this, looking at the documentation online in addition to topics posted here on the forums.

I understand to a certain degree on what needs to be done in terms of connectors and discovery rules to import the data but I am confused on what additional licenses I will need to accomplish this. I read about the "remote devices" that get created in certain scenarios which from what I gathered from one reply to a post,   are not counted against the main device licenses, however, it goes on to talk about bringing in some other data that does require licenses.

So , the question for the Experts is  .....

Do I need license coverage to accommodate all of the Citrix Users that connect to either the XENAPP and/or the XENDESKTOP solutions. Currently we do have the "normal" agent installed on all of the  Application Servers that house the Citrix XENNAPP software which obviously counts against our device licenses where the installed software is captured. But since the idea is to capture the "Users" usage either in accessing the virtual  workspace or the virtual PC Citrix solutions, I am not sure on this license piece.

As Always .. thanks for your Assistance

Bruce

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Flexera One ITAM does not generally require you to have licenses for individual users who are accessing systems and software through Citrix technologies.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Flexera One ITAM does not generally require you to have licenses for individual users who are accessing systems and software through Citrix technologies.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris   !!!