cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually execute and upload inventory to beacon

We have several clinical workstations we keep in storage as spares.  We'd like to inventory these quarterly, including powering them up and have 'check in' to Flexera with a fresh software inventory.  Instead of waiting on the policy schedule, we want to run and upload an inventory while they are being checked.  

I've tried issue command ndschedag.exe -t machine, and clicking the Generate Inventory button, but I'm not certain when the inventory is complete to click the Upload Client files button. For the guys doing the inventory, they have a full plate, and don't need to be tied to the machine checking logs.

I've tried ndtrack.exe -o UploadLocation="https://our.flexera.beacon.url/ManageSoftRL/but I do not see that anything happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks -Jon

(1) Solution
mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Jon,

The NDSCHEDAG command you refer to, just brings up the schedule of the agent. One thing you should know is that when an Agent is booted up and the Flexera Agent Service is started, if you have set up your inventory settings page to "run last missed job" this will cause the agent to download policy, and also run the inventory ndtrack. 

Providing that these agents have a policy already, just running ndtrack -t machine will take the items from your registry keys for upload locations, and upload to that location. Please note that if you run from cmd, the location of the tracker.log will be located C:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Temp\

from this point it will either be in \Managesoft or \2, 

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi

Please refer tracker.log to check what is happening post running ndtrack.exe -o UploadLocation="https://our.flexera.beacon.url/ManageSoftRL/

Hi @durgeshsingh   Thanks for the response.  I have checked the tracker log, but there are no updates after running the command.  I've checked again several hours later, and still no updates after running the command.  There are updates from when it ran on its normal schedule.  I'm trying to execute the command from a command prompt opened as administrator.  Do I need to execute the command in a different way?

mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Jon,

The NDSCHEDAG command you refer to, just brings up the schedule of the agent. One thing you should know is that when an Agent is booted up and the Flexera Agent Service is started, if you have set up your inventory settings page to "run last missed job" this will cause the agent to download policy, and also run the inventory ndtrack. 

Providing that these agents have a policy already, just running ndtrack -t machine will take the items from your registry keys for upload locations, and upload to that location. Please note that if you run from cmd, the location of the tracker.log will be located C:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Temp\

from this point it will either be in \Managesoft or \2, 

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution

Hi @mcavanagh, Thanks for the detailed answer. The pointer to  C:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Temp\ was what I needed. I found my manual executions in that location.