cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Server licenses with computers allocating

I have several IBM licenses that are server licenses but because a computer has the program installed, computers show in that license. I have to constantly go in and exclude those licenses. Is there an easier way? I would like to clean up the licenses and have all computers go to a computer license and servers go to a server license. If I create a device license, will computers go to that license or will they still show under the server license and still have be excluded?

If all that makes sense?

(2) Solutions
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

You can create a report that shows only servers and use the restriction feature of the license to prevent regular computers from being able to consume the license: https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/LicProps-RestrictionsTab.html 

You can then do the same for the computer license, or just manually set the consumption order for the application so that the server license is first (which will not allow the computers forcing them to consume from the other license).

View solution in original post

In the report builder, you would select Inventory Device from the drop downInventoryDevice.png

This object then includes the Server itemServer.PNG

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

You can create a report that shows only servers and use the restriction feature of the license to prevent regular computers from being able to consume the license: https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/LicProps-RestrictionsTab.html 

You can then do the same for the computer license, or just manually set the consumption order for the application so that the server license is first (which will not allow the computers forcing them to consume from the other license).

Awesome I will try that. Is there an easy way to tell which software is a computer install only vs sever? 

The Inventory Device object has a Server item that you can use to filter for only servers

Sorry, what do you mean by the Inventory Device object?

In the report builder, you would select Inventory Device from the drop downInventoryDevice.png

This object then includes the Server itemServer.PNG

Ahh gotcha. I wanted to make sure I understand correctly. Thank you!!!

Just want to say this is awesome! Helps clean up the licenses making it so much easier!!!!