cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexeraOne Inventory creates privilege check warnings in vCenter-Logs ...

Hi guys,

anybody has the same problem, that FlexeraOne creates several warning entries in VMware vCenter logs every 30 minutes regarding missing System.View permissions on targets like vCLS-VMs? Our FLEXERA vCenter-user has System.View rights with the help of a custom role, where System.View get assigned automatically.

Any ideas how to prevent this warnings or is this a bug?

Look here ...

_Flexera-SystemView_Target-vCLS-VMs_01.JPG

(2) Replies

@DiWiDiWi 

FYI, I have checked and found that your community post above caused Flexera's engineering team to investigate this issue, and they have now registered this as a bug in their internal systems. Please stay tuned for its resolution, and please feel free to contact Flexera Support for a status update in the meantime.

Thanks,

For reference, here is the entry related to this matter in the Known Issues list:

IOK-706426: Errors logged in VMware logs when gathering inventory from vSphere Cluster Services (vCLS) virtual machines: "The privilege check failed for user <account name> for missing permission System.View."

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)