cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexeraOne Beacon Sizing

Hi Flexera One Community.

Please let me know about FlexeraOne Beacon.

I would like to know the Beacon sizing based on the number of device connections.

I have checked the hardware requirements.

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/SysReq/index.html#FNMS_sys_req/RN_sys_req_hardware.html

Is there a guide to estimate the specs based on the number of connections?

Best regards,

Mitsuki OHAMA

(2) Solutions

Hi Mitsukin,

Mostly it is depend on Network Zone, if customer is not allowing to communication between 2 different network zone then need to place beacon in each seperate network in order to collect the inventory from respective devices deployed in that network Zone.

you need to ask customer:

whether they are allowing client device to upload the inventory from different Network zone to single Beacon if not then need to deploy beacon in each Network zone.

How many network zones are there in custmomer enviornment so you will get the count of beacons required.

Thanks,

Milind

View solution in original post

@Mitsuki 

In addition to the excellent comments posted by @milindteli, another item to consider is whether or not you will be deploying Flexera Agents.  If that is the case, then another variable in how many beacons will be needed is that you will need 1 beacon for every 12,000 agents.  For example, if in a specific datacenter on a specific Windows Domain, if there are a total of 25,000 servers, you should plan on having 2 beacons deployed for load balancing.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi, what is total device count? are those going to upload inventory only on single beacon?

Thank you, milindteli

Sorry, I was mistaken.

How do you estimate how many Beacon servers a customer would need if they use FlexeraOne?
I would like to know how to estimate the number of Beacon servers.

Hi Mitsukin,

Mostly it is depend on Network Zone, if customer is not allowing to communication between 2 different network zone then need to place beacon in each seperate network in order to collect the inventory from respective devices deployed in that network Zone.

you need to ask customer:

whether they are allowing client device to upload the inventory from different Network zone to single Beacon if not then need to deploy beacon in each Network zone.

How many network zones are there in custmomer enviornment so you will get the count of beacons required.

Thanks,

Milind

@Mitsuki 

In addition to the excellent comments posted by @milindteli, another item to consider is whether or not you will be deploying Flexera Agents.  If that is the case, then another variable in how many beacons will be needed is that you will need 1 beacon for every 12,000 agents.  For example, if in a specific datacenter on a specific Windows Domain, if there are a total of 25,000 servers, you should plan on having 2 beacons deployed for load balancing.

Thank you milindteli, kclausen!

I understood that Beacon depends on the availability of communication between network zones and the number of Agents.

Thanks for your great help!

Best regards,

Mitsuki

Also, if you are connecting to SAP infrastructure there is a slight difference. Standard beacons have a memory requirement of 4GB mininum with 8 GB recommended. For beacons connecting to SAP its 8 GB.

Source:

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2022R1/EN/SysReq/index.html#FNMS_sys_req/RN_sys_req_hardware.html

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2022R1/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNM-SAP%20Sizing%20Guidelines%202022R1.pdf

j