cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlerxeraOne Dashboards

Hello,

We use Flexera for SAM and ServiceNow for everything else. The Dashboard functionality in Flexera is very rigid and while I am a Admin in Flexera, my options to edit the SAM dashboard are grayed out.  Has anyone had experience creating dashboards in other applications using automated Flexera data? If so, can you provide any feedback?  Thank you!

(1) Reply

Hi @mdh33955 , yes that data and interaction in FNMS is rather rigid, and I have found it to be missing useful time-based data in particular.

What I do at my customers is create a SQL Datamart using the Flexera Rest API capability to pull reports for specific objects (Applications, Inventory Devices, Licenses, etc).  We do the API exports daily.  Then with a bit of work on views and stored procedures you can support many business use cases, from Java exposure over time, unlicensed installations over time, unauthorised installations overtime, to detailed ELP views, etc. 

In particular with ServiceNow customers we take ServiceNow views as a source to build a comparison between that and FNMS to ensure coverage KPI's are measured and met.  This is done via automated dashboards freeing up technical resources to take action and not spend days analysing data to figure out what actions are needed.

Data from the datamart can also be used to enrich FlexeraOne via business importers.

I am happy to do some demo's if you are interested - send me direct message.  I have attached an image of the end to end process.

Regards,

Nico